May 23, 2016
Happy Birthday, Jennifer Polo! (5/27)
Happy Monday, Wilson Team!
On another note, I wanted to let you know how awesome it was to see all of your students' work on display at Open House. Each of your classrooms, buzzed with excitement as our kiddos shared their projects, writing, and other 21st Century technology skills with their families. It was abundantly clear that a lot of thought, time, and energy went into preparing for this evening and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. Wilson Teachers ROCK!
Reminders for the Week:
- Update shared Doc: Last 14 days of school by Wednesday, 5/25
- Minimum Day, Wednesday, 5/25 (Focus: Designated Report Card Day)
- Track Meet, Thursday, 5/26 (2nd & 3rd grades)
- Track Meet, Friday, 5/27 (4th & 5th grades)
- No School, Monday, 5/30
- Monthly Awards Assembly, Tuesday, 5/31 (Pizza lunch = Friday)
- Kickball Tournament, Wednesday, 6/1 @ 12:45 PM (All Ts & Staff invited to play!)
- Gold Rush Days, Thursday, 6/2 & Friday, 6/3
- Minimum Days, Last Week of School: 6/6-6/10
A Few Highlights from our Spectacular Open House!
Thank you for coming to my rescue!
What Does it Mean to Teach Like a Pirate?
P=Passion (Rediscover your professional/content passion!)
I=Immerse (Immerse yourself in the lesson)
R=Rapport (Build rapport/relationships with your students)
A=Ask/Analyze (What could I do to make this lesson better? Reflect!)
T=Transformation (Transform your teaching! Push yourself out of your comfort zone!
E=Enthusiasm (Your demeanor will influence your students! Would you want to be a student in your class?)
Way to go, Annette! Using QR Codes to share clips of her students' biome videos.
Kudos, Penny & Tom! Empowering students and letting them share their understanding of green screens!
Woot! Woot! Green Screen fun during open house! Way to go, Whitney!
Awesome job, Roylene! Your decision to add live specimens to your science lesson was a hit!
Way to go, Deidra! Your use of green screens & QR Codes were a hit!
Kudos, Laurie! Your kiddos were so excited to share their love of coding with me!