¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español 3!
Parents and students,
Welcome to Spanish 3! I hope that you are excited to continue to learn Spanish! You are acquiring all of the tools that you need to make a difference in the world and to be who you are. I hope to equip you to be able to use Spanish as a part of that. Three expectations that I have for you in this class are:
In this class we will communicate in Spanish everyday.
Make sure to ask for help when needed.
We will be positive, polite, and patient as we learn.
I also have 3 non-academic positive expectations for you in the class:
I'm looking forward to a great semester with you!
What we will learn:
mi identidad - https://www.smore.com/h74hu
la belleza - https://www.smore.com/svkhr
la salud - https://www.smore.com/rjvqq
medios de comunicación y mi futuro - https://www.smore.com/g83n4
- Spanish binder or folder, including notes and activities
- basic school supplies - pen, pencil, paper
- 1 box of Kleenex, roll of paper towels, or Clorox wipes
- technology (school-issued iPad or personal technology if available)
- Word Reference App - NOT A TRANSLATOR
- online resources, including unit sites
If you would like to contribute markers, crayons, or glue to the classroom that would be great!
During unit 2, you will need a canvas to paint on. Any size that you want to use is fine.
- Technology should be a helpful resource for students to enrich their learning and not a distraction.
- Students should be focused and engaged in class activities.
- Technology use during certain times will be prohibited and would be considered cheating and treated as such.
- Consequences for technology misuse may include teacher-student conference, parent contact, detention, referral, technology time out, and others if necessary.
- Daily Work - 25%
- Quizzes - 25%
- Tests - 50%
- Corrections - Tests and quizzes can be corrected for up to a 70. They should be completed as soon as possible, not at the end of the nine weeks.
- Late work - one day 70, two days 50, per policy.
- Don't cheat. (Don't use translators. Don't copy someone else's work. Don't allow anyone else to copy. Don't use unauthorized materials on any assignment.)