September 7 - 11
Have a WONDERFUL Labor Day Weekend! See everyone on Tuesday, September 8th!
Dates to Remember
9/7 - Labor Day holiday/No School
9/8 - 3rd grade Parent Orientation 6:00 - 7:00
9/9 or 9/10 - 3rd grade students attend Water Proof Kids at the KISD Natatorium
9/14 - KHES PTA to host "Goodies with Grandparents" in the cafe
9/14-9/16 - Book Fair
9/18 - Hats off to Writing Day!
9/24 - PTA Meeting 6:00 pm
9/24 - Watch Dog Dad KICK-OFF following the PTA meeting
What's Happening on Campus?
Goodies with Grandparents
Our 1st Book Fair of the year will also be open beginning on Monday, September 14 through Wednesday, September 16th. Be sure and stop by in the Library.
Hats Off to Writing
3rd & 4th grade students will ALSO write an ANTONYM and a SYNONYM on a notecard for the word that they have chosen. They will have three words on their hat.
We will not have a school wide parade however each each grade level will determine how students will be sharing their hats with one another.
Big Kahuna Fundraiser
- Ensuring that ALL students are writing everyday! We are continuing to follow a WRITER’S WORKSHOP model.
- English/Language Arts – As a district we are also concentrating on the READER’S WORKSHOP model to ensure that all students are reading on grade level or higher. Reader’s workshop allows us to find your child’s strengths in reading and target their exact needs.
- Math – Provide PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES in math skills that are a bridge to the real world of jobs & adult responsibilities. This means going beyond memorization into a world of reasoning and problem solving.
- Creating lessons with more RELEVANCY to our students by using activities/tasks that connect to students’ cultural lives, the world of work, and everyday problem solving to engage more of our students.
We need your ideas and suggestions as well. Please take a moment to share what you think we should use our funds for.
eSchoolPlus Family App
Now you can access school information from mobile devices using the eSchoolPLUS Family app. Once you download the App from the App Store for iPhones, Google Play for Android phones, or the Amazon App for Kindles or Fire phones, your log-in information is the same as your HAC account. Use the app to view attendance, classwork, class and activity calendar events, student grades, and transportation information. Also, send email to a teacher by tapping the teacher's name.
The 'student alerts' you subscribed to in Home Access Center can be viewed directly
in the app using the Notifications option. Use the Preferences option to change your
student alert subscriptions.
Here’s where to get the eSchoolPLUS Family App for free:
For iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone, use App Store.
For Android devices, use Google Play Store app.
For Kindle Fire and Fire phones, use Amazon App Store.
The app is supported on: iOS 7.1+ (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 4.0.3
(Ice Cream Sandwich)+
Keller ISD Strings Academy
We are very proud to announce that the Keller ISD Strings Academy is back!
Keller ISD will be providing strings instruction for students in grades 2-12 in the following classes:
- Young Violinists - a beginning violin program for students in grades 2-4. Students will be divided by grade, and will be instructed by an amazing staff of passionate teachers!
- Beginning Orchestra - beginning instruction on violin, viola, cello, and bass, for students in grades 5-6. This is a fantastic opportunity for incoming fifth grade students, who just completed their first year of violin study, to learn a new instrument, or continue to develop on the violin.
- Intermediate Orchestra - continued instruction in violin, viola, cello, and bass, for students in grades 5-12 who have had at least one year of instruction, and are prepared for the next level!
- Advanced Orchestra - students in grades 5-12 are selected to this group through an audition. Students should have at least two years of playing experience, and prepared to perform advanced literature.
Registration will be held on September 12, from 9:00 am-2:00 pm at the Keller ISD Administration Building. Please enter through the "Teacher Training" side of the building, on College St. Registration is come and go, and should take about 20 minutes.
You can view a separate SMORE newsletter to RSVP for the registration.
ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE KELLER ISD STRINGS ACADEMY MUST REGISTER AT THIS TIME! IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER ON SEPT. 12, A MAKE-UP REGISTRATION DAY IS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, SEPT. 14, FROM 4:30-6:30 PM.
Save the Date for the 16th Annual Run in the Dark ~ Saturday, September 19th!!
KHES PTA is amazing! But I'm sure you already knew that! :)
Extra Curricular Activities at KHES
Keller ISD Strings Academy for 2nd, 3rd & 4th grade students
Registration Information - https://www.smore.com/htnku
KHES Running Club
When - Mondays 3:00 - 3:45
Registration- click HERE
KHES Art Club
When - Wednesdays from 3:00 - 4:00 in the Art room
New classes every 6 weeks. 20 students will be able to sign up at at a time. All students will be expected to wear smocks/aprons when needed. These will be provided.
Young Rembrandt's Art Enrichment Program
When - Thursdays 3:05 - 4:05 p.m.in the Science Lab. Fall session begins September 24th.
When - Wednesdays from 3:05-4:05 in our Science Lab
Registration flyers will be kept in the front office. Begins September 16th
When - Click HERE for the 2015-2016 schedule of classes. The first class starts October 6th.
Registration - http://spanishprogram.wix.com/kellerharvel