First Grade News
Week of 5.23--5.27
#RedNoseDay--thanks to 4th grader, Katie Mina, for organizing this event!
Our Week in Review:
- We finished our Touch Cast app videos to teach our classmates about our solid shapes in the real world!
- We began our final fun project--creating 3 tangram animals and writing a story that ties all of them together!
- We started our end of year project with Mrs. Garritt's class--creating Time Magazine covers about a classmate! We focused on teamwork and our writing skills that we have learned this year!
- We learned about the project goals and conducted interviews with a questionnaire.
- We used the questionnaire to create an article featuring our partner!
- We created watercolor illustrations to match!
Reminders for Next Week:
- Monday--NO SCHOOL--HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
- STUDENTS MAY WEAR GYM UNIFORMS ALL WEEK, due to the warm forecast!
- Friday--DONUTS WITH DAD, 8:30 A.M.