February 12, 2016
Mark Your Calendar!
- February 12- First Grade Fairy Tale Ball 1:15 in the cafeteria
- February 12- Valentine's Day Parties in the classroom
- February 15- Student Holiday!
- February 16-17- Jump Rope for Heart during P.E. for 1st-5th grade
- February 26- 4th Grade Field Trip to Austin!
- February 26- 3rd Grade Performance at Fly Friday at 7:45 am
- February 29- 3rd Grade Performance and PTO Meeting @ 6:00 pm
- March 3- OPEN HOUSE 5:00-6:00pm
Thank you so much to all of you who brought in Diet Cokes for Counselor Appreciation week! Mrs. Hakanson loved it!! She does so many great things for the students and teachers of Carson, and we appreciate you guys helping us show her how much she is loved around here!
Every month we practice evacuating the building during a fire drill. Often we block an exit or hallway with a "fire" and your students always do a fabulous job of listening to teachers and responding appropriately! Twice a year we practice Lockdown, Bad Weather and AED drills. Recently we practiced an AED drill in a 5th grade classroom in which we actually practiced doing CPR on a dummy. The students in Mrs. Owens room did a great job of evacuating the room quickly and quietly. Kiddos to the students and teachers at Carson elementary for always responding in a quick and positive manner in the face of an emergency-- even if it is just a drill! :-)
Nominate A Difference Maker
"Difference Makers" is an opportunity for students, staff, parents and community members to formally recognize Decatur ISD employees for the positive work they do for children and our school district. Click "Difference Maker" and follow the link.