The disease Typhus
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is not contagious and can not be transmitted human to human.
Does typhus have a cure?
Yes, Typhus can be treated with antibiotics such as doxycycline and tetracycline.
4 Fun Facts
2. There is a 5–14 day incubation period, which is why people often only develop symptoms of this disease.
3. Typhus often breaks out in areas where there has been a war or natural disaster or areas that are impoverished or contain many homeless people.
4. Epidemic typhus is more prevalent in the winter months, especially if people do not launder their possibly infested clothing as often.
What could be done to avoid getting typhus other than avoiding unsanitary conditions?
2. (Green, Brianna D) What evidence can you find of an outbreak of your disease in a neighboring town?
People who live in unsanitary conditions for a long time
3. (Blue, Brianna H, and Ruben) How would you rate the effect of your disease on an infant?
I would rate the effect as a 8 on a scale of 1-10.
4. (Purple, Brianna D) What would happen if someone with your disease sneezed in a room full of people?
Maybe a few people would get it but not many.