2019-2020 Daily Announcements
Madison County High School
Mr. Bryan Gustafson, Asst. Principal
Mrs. Regina Bennett, Asst. Principal
Hours of Operation
Doors Open - 8:00 am
Dismiss to 1st Block - 8:20 am
1st Block - 8:30am - 9:53 am
Break - 9:53am - 10:01 am
2nd Block - 10:01am - 11:24 am
Resource - 11:28am - 12:11pm
3rd Block - 12:15pm - 2:03pm (Lunch is Served during 3rd)
4th Block - 2:07 - 3:30pm
Visit our website to find info about MCHS, Athletics, Faculty/Staff, Library, Academics, Clubs, Guidance, Parent Resources, Administration, Edmodo, JROTC, News and Information and a new bullet to report (confidential) Bullying.
For a quick reference for everything going on at MCHS please follow our Facebook Page
This is a great page for all things academic and college ready information.
November 11, 2019
Tradition * Honor * Excellence
2019 Football Schedule
Come out September 27th and support the Tigers for the 2019 Homecoming Game. Kickoff is at 7pm
Thursday, Nov. 7th, 11:15am
174 Brock Road
What is Chronic Absenteeism?
ATTENTION - Important Info in regards to Entering our School
In an effort to keep safety a top priority all exterior doors will remain locked at all times (including the front entrance).
To enter MCHS:
Please push the RED button on the new Bell/Speaker/Camera system located in between the sets of main doors above the handicap access button.
Once you press the button please wait to be greeted and someone will help you. At that point the door will be unlocked to assist you with what you may need.
Please see picture for diagram.
INOW Parent Portal
INOW Parent Portal - you may view your students grades, attendance, etc in the INOW Parent Portal
1. Go to this link https://inow-madisonco.asc.edu/informationnow
2. Use these credentials when first prompted
a. User Name mcsparent
b. Password ilovemyschool
3. Once successfully logging in to this site, use your INOW user ID and password.
If you need a user name and password, please email Mrs. Smith our Registrar at email@example.com or call 256-851-3270
Vistors per the MCHS Student Code of Conduct
School policy is to accept only those visitors who have legitimate business at the school. A visitor is anyone not presently a student, teacher or employee of the Madison County Board of Education. All visitors will report to the principal’s office to sign in. Upon approval, a pass will be issued for the visit. Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave and if they do not, the Madison County Sheriff’s Department will be called to remove them. This includes visiting in the parking lot, street and/or the school zone. Visitors are not permitted to eat lunch with students except with prior permission of the principal.
Cell Phone Policy
Cell Phone Policy
Cell phones are permitted but with the following stipulations:
- Cell phone use is permit during break and during lunch only to be used in the Cafeteria.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted in the classroom unless a teacher has instructed use of such device.
- All ringers must be set to silent while on school campus
- Headphones and Ear buds are ONLY permitted if a teacher has instructed the students to use them. Headphones and Ear buds are NOT allowed during break or at lunch in the cafeteria.
- School administrators may make exceptions as to when and where cell phones may be used based on extenuating circumstances to serve a school purpose and need.
- Cell phones will be confiscated from students who violate this policy and will be returned 2 School Days after the cell phone is taken.
- If the phone is confiscated on a Friday, the phone is to be turned in to the front office immediately, the phone will be returned to the student at the end of the school day. The phone will be required to be turned back in to the front office before school begins (8:30am) on the following Monday. The student will NOT be reminded or asked for the phone on Monday. If the phone is NOT returned to the front office the student will be assigned AAP for 2 days.
- After the 3rd time the cell phone is taken a parent or guardian will be required to come and pick it up.
Violations of this policy will be handled the same as other similar violations of policies, rules and procedures by students in school. Each time a students communication devise is confiscated it will be held in the administration office.
Absence from School
Code of Alabama (1975) § 16-28-15
Every parent or custodian of any child required to attend school, shall, within three school days, explain the cause of any absence of the child. Failure to furnish explanation shall be admissible as evidence of the child being truant. A good cause or valid excuse explanation is outlined below:
1X – Personal Illness Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School Students – A maximum of eight (8) absences for the school year shall be coded as an excused absence when a valid excuse is provided by the parent or custodian.
High School Students - A maximum of four (4) absences per semester shall be coded as an excused absence when a valid excuse is provided by the parent or custodian.
- Students please remember leggings/tights are NOT pants. If you choose to wear these articles of clothing please remember your shirt or dress must meet the finger tip length requirement. You will be sent home or asked to change if you are not to Dress Code standard.
- Pants with holes are NOT allowed. You will be sent home or asked to change if you are not to Dress Code standard.
Daily Announcements: Parents, if you are no longer interested in receiving the Tiger Paw (daily announcements) please log on to www.madison.k12.al.us , follow the steps below to leave the mailing list. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact the school at 256-776-6247.
- Click on ListServ (under Quick Links, bottom left side of page)
- Click on MCHS (left side of screen)
- Click on Join or Leave MCHS (right side of screen)
- Complete form
- Confirm email
When young men turn 18 they must register with Selective Service. Registering keeps you eligible for financial aid, government jobs, and job training. It’s quick; it’s easy; and it’s the law. To register for the Selective Service visit the post office or go online to sss.gov
The Madison County School District:
Does not discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to programs or activities on the basis of race, religious preference, disability, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, non-English speaking ability, or homeless status. The Title IX and ADA Compliance Officer’s Contact Information: Mrs. Anna S. Watts, Coordinator of Pupil Services, 1275 F Jordan Rd., Building B, Huntsville, AL 35811; Telephone: 256-852-2557, ext. 1715; Fax #: 256-851-2127; Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.