8TH Grade FASTPASS Carpool
FOR DISMISSAL ONLY
* FASTPASSES will be passed out by an administrator in the FASTPASS LANE IN THE EMPLOYEE PARKING LOT.
LIMIT: ONE FASTPASS PER HOUSEHOLD
* Lost FASTPASSES will not be replaced.
NOTE: FASTPASSES will be passed out by an administrator either at Open House or in the Fastpass Lanes.
Please advise your 8th grader (and their siblings) to go to the Employee Parking Lot for Dismissal (on the side of the building).
If you have any questions, please email Graduation Coach James Tongue.
* FASTPASSES will NOT be issued in the front office.
NOTE: If you are unable to collect your FASTPASS during the first two weeks of school, it may be collected at another time by making arrangements with Graduation Coach James Tongue.
FASTPASS is for Afternoon ONLY. Dropping off your child in the Employee Lot in the morning will cause you to loose FASTPASS privileges.
8TH Grade FASTPASS Carpool
Starting on Monday, August 9th through the end of the school year, Elkins Pointe will add an additional carpool for 8th-grade parents ONLY. This carpool will be in the Employee Parking Lot at Dismissal Time ONLY. Car riders and walkers will be released at the normal time of 4:05 PM.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
- 8TH GRADE BENEFIT: FASTPASS carpool will be for 8th-grade parents ONLY! This is a privilege provided by our Administration.
- FOR DISMISSAL ONLY: 8th-Grade FASTPASS is for DISMISSAL ONLY. Parents may line up from 3:45 PM to 4:10 PM in the Employee Parking Lot to wait for the dismissal bell at 4:05 PM.
- NO MORNING DROP-OFF IN THE EMPLOYEE LOT. Parents are not permitted to use the Employee Parking Lot for drop-off in the morning. Using the Employee Parking Lot for morning drop-off will result in loss of FASTPASS.
- NO SHARING OF PASSES or FASTPASS WILL BE REVOKED. Passes are intended only for 8th-grade parents. The purpose of the secondary carpool is to reduce the number of cars and to speed up the other carpool lane.
- MUST HAVE A HANG TAG: All vehicles must have a FASTPASS tag to enter the Employee Parking Lot. Cars not in possession will be asked to leave and use the other carpool lane. Students in the wrong carpool area will be redirected.
- NO WALKING IN PARKING LOT: Students will not be allowed to walk across the parking lot to get into cars. Students will be released by administrators in the same fashion as the other carpool.
- STUDENT WAITING AREA: Students will wait on the sidewalk until their ride pulls around to pick them up. If it’s raining, all students will wait under the portable awning near the 8th-grade door.
- NO PARKING: Do NOT pull in and park in the spaces. Parking spaces are reserved for teachers and staff. Please be respectful of staff parking spaces.
- STAY IN CARS - ALL PARENTS MUST STAY IN CARS. Please stay in your car and form a line. Please follow the arrows. NO PETS OR PEOPLE OUT OF CARS!!
- LINE UP: The first car should pull around the sign stating, “CARPOOL LINE STARTS HERE"
- ARRIVE PRIOR TO 4:10 PM: 8th-grade FASTPASS cars must be in the Employee Parking Lot prior to 4:10 PM or they will be redirected to the other carpool. Arriving later interferes with bus dismissal.
- NO ADMITTANCE BEFORE 3:45 PM or AFTER 4:10 PM. No new cars will be admitted to the parking lot past 4:10 PM. 8th-grade pick-up parents will NOT be allowed in the back once buses begin to depart. Cars attempting past 4:10 PM will be interfering with the bus departures.
- SIBLINGS & CARPOOL RIDERS PERMITTED WITH 8th-GRADE CAR RIDER: Pick-up of 8th-grade students with siblings & carpool riders will be in front of the Connections Hall. Please instruct all members of the 8th-grade carpool to wait in front of the C-Hall exit or in front of the 8th-Grade Hall by the portable when raining.
- BE COURTEOUS TO TEACHERS & STAFF: FASTPASS recipients are asked to use courtesy to other drivers and to the teachers and staff in the Employee Parking Lot. Please show the administration that you appreciate teachers and staff for sharing their parking lot.
PLEASE THANK OUR TEACHERS FOR THE USE OF THE EMPLOYEE PARKING LOT
BY BEING COURTEOUS AND BY BEING RESPECTFUL OF THE PROTOCOLS!