The Madison School PTA Newsletter / November 12, 2020
Last Day for Spirit Wear!
Madison Paw Prints Yearbook Update
There will be a Madison Paw Prints yearbook this year! Order from TreeRing by November 18 to get a 5% discount.
In this unique year, we need your help! Whether your student is in person or virtual, please share photos of what school looks like for you. Post them on Facebook or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Madison students only, please – no siblings.)
Questions? Contact Megan Savitt.
District 200 Updates and Resources
On November 11, the District 200 board of education decided to keep elementary students (including Madison) in person for now while sending middle and high school students back to remote learning beginning November 16. The board will monitor conditions on a weekly basis to determine whether or not in-person learning can safely continue for elementary students.
For in-person learning to continue, the district asked the community to follow mitigation, health and safety protocols both during and outside of school hours. The district thanked those families who are doing so and urged everyone to do their part to flatten the number of COVID-19 cases.
Stay up to date with these District 200 web resources:
- District 200 website
- District 200 newsroom
- COVID dashboard - Stay up to date on quarantine and confirmed case numbers
- Food service - All students can receive free meals, whether they learn in person or virtually
- YouTube channel - Watch board meetings live or on demand
- Student Excellent Foundation Essential Needs Fund - Donate to the emergency fund that provides resources to District 200 families facing food insecurity and other needs
Join the PTA and Gain Access to Directory Spot
Directory Spot is Madison's school-wide directory. All current Madison PTA members can access it via the Directory Spot mobile app or website. You can look up contact information for every student and staff member at Madison, see which students are in every class and even view the school calendar. If your child wants to get together with a new friend, you can easily find their contact info in Directory Spot.
Virtual Academy also uses Directory Spot. (You do not have to be a Madison PTA member to access the Virtual Academy directory.) To switch between viewing the Madison directory and the VA directory, use the Directories tab.
If you haven't joined yet, it’s not too late to do so and get access to this great resource!
You can support the Madison PTA when you shop:
- Box Tops for Education: Scan your grocery receipt in the Box Tops app, and Madison will earn 10 cents from every qualifying item. Download the app.
- AmazonSmile: Join AmazonSmile and select Madison, so when you shop Amazon - on the website or through the app - the PTA will get 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Learn more on the PTA website.
- November 12: End of First Trimester
- November 13: Institute Day, No School
- November 16: PTA Meeting, 7 p.m., Zoom - watch the Madison PTA website for the link
- November 23 – 27: Thanksgiving Break
View the full meeting schedule for the year and access minutes from previous meetings on the Madison PTA website.