WE THE PEOPLE
direct democracy was popular during ancient Athens. there is no longer a direct democracy in the world today. The Swiss referendum process is the closet system in the world today. Swiss citizens vote to approve laws passed by the central government. limited forms continue in town meetings throughout the U.S.
- Will bring issues up that may want to be hidden by the government.
- People are responsible for the successes or failure of the nation.
- Politicians are being judged by the people.
- Involves the community.
- Time consuming for the voters.
- Media has a heavier influence on peoples decisions.
- Some people are more involved in politics than others.