Third Grade Thrills
January 8, 2016 - Mrs. Krogmann's Class
Happy New Year!
The children have done a fabulous job of getting back into the school routine after Winter Break! We began new units in Reader's Workshop, Writer's Workshop, and Social Studies this week. Take a peek below to see what we have been up to!
We are now in our nonfiction unit in Reader's Workshop. The children have learned about the text and graphic features that are found in nonfiction. They are now working on finding the main idea and supporting details in their own nonfiction books.
We began our informative writing unit this week. The children created an expert list to generate ideas for topics to write about. They learned how to use a bubble map graphic organizer to plan out a writing piece. The kiddos are then creating a three paragraph article on their topic with a introduction, body, and conclusion.
We will have a student teacher from Wisconsin Lutheran College joining us starting on January 25th. Miss Borchardt will be with us through the end of the school year! Be sure to see the PDF file attached to my email to see a letter from Miss Borchardt.
- Reading MAP Test on Tuesday, January 12th
- F & P Reading Testing with Mrs. Krogmann on Friday, January 15th
- Math MAP Test on Tuesday, January 19th
- 1/2 Day on Thursday, January 21st
- No School on Friday, January 22nd
- Miss Borchardt joins us on Monday, January 25th
- Six Flags 6 Hour Reading Sheets due on Friday, February 26th
3rd Grade Teacher
Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction
Google Certified Educator