Wednesday Weekly 1.19.2022
Rio Vista Elementary School
ELAC Meeting (English Language Advisory Committee)
We are having an ELAC meeting on Wednesday, 1/19 @ 6pm online.
You have a chance to win a gift card to Krispy Kreme just for attending the meeting!
Join us on Wednesday, 1/19 at 6pm for our ELAC meeting to get involved and help Rio Vista support our English learners and families!
Link to join the meeting:
Meeting ID: 840 4795 2375
Phone in #: 1 669 900 9128
Click to view the ELAC agenda on our ELAC webpage (the agenda is posted 72 hours before the meeting)
Order FREE COVID at home tests online NOW!
Orders are being taken now and they are supposed to be shipped end of month.
Online tutoring available for K-5 students that are excluded from school due to COVID
RivCounty quarantine guidelines have changed significantly starting 1/18. Please check with the Rio Vista office if your child is not showing symptoms and has not tested positive for COVID. He/she may be able to return to school sooner than you think.
Click here to view the flyer and sign up: https://app.peachjar.com/flyers/2202375/schools/57619
The information linked below was posted on Class Dojo on Friday, but I want to post it again to make sure everyone is aware. Major changes to the exclusion times for students that were exposed to COVID at school and are showing no symptoms began today, 1/18. This means that most students are cleared to return to school as of today (1/18). If you are unsure if your child is able to return to school earlier than you have been previously told, please email RVESOffice@psusd.us or call us at 760-416-0032. We want our Rangers to be at school if they are healthy so we can learn!
- Click here to read the new guidance sent out by PSUSD on Friday (that takes effect 1/18).
- To make it easier to report a positive COVID case in your household, we have created this form: https://bit.ly/RVcovidreport It's still ok to call the school/send a Class Dojo message too. Both student positive cases and positive cases for individuals living in your home should be reported to prevent the spread at school between students.
- Remember, the best way to prevent COVID from spreading at school is to keep students home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID.
- We continue to have free testing available at our school daily for students and family members of students. Please call to make an appointment before heading to school for testing.
- Vaccination remains one of the most important tools in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and severe illness that could be associated with contracting the virus. Under current guidance, vaccinated students are not excluded when they are exposed to a positive case at school unless they are exhibiting symptoms.Vaccine information can be found by clicking here.
- As always, COVID cases can be tracked on our PSUSD COVID Dashboard found here https://www.psusd.us/Page/7431.
Order a Rio Vista yearbook today!
To order online:
ID Code: 14533822
Order deadline: 4/18/2022
PSUSD District Calendar
- The 2022-23 school calendar has been published. Click here to view the calendar for the next school year.
- PSUSD is seeking feedback regarding the 2022/2023 school calendar and input regarding the development of the 2023-2024 & 2024-2025 school calendars. Please complete the surveys linked below.
- PSUSD is looking for parents interested to serve on the calendar committee. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
Link for Parent (English):
Palm Springs Unified School District - School Calendar - Parent Survey
Link for Parents (Spanish):
Palm Springs Unified School District - School Calendar – Spanish Parent Survey
Cathedral City wants your input!
Where do you walk or bike most in Cathedral City? What could the City do to encourage you to walk or bike more, or make you feel more comfortable when doing so?
Please fill this short survey and let us know about areas in your community where improvements are most needed.
More information about this project can be found here: http://www.discovercathedralcity.com/atp/