By Jeremy Bolling
What Is Down Syndrome
Down Syndrome is a disorder causing development and intellectual delays.It usually starts when your a kid because you can be born with, and the way you are born with it is because it usually is passed down from past family members that has has it. Other then that mainly kids in Africa have it around 400,000 kids have it.
Some Symptoms are:
- Short Height
- Small Head
- Poor Muscle Tone
- Excessive Flexibility
- Weirdly shaped or small ears
A daily life for someone with Down Symdrome is he or she have trouble learning and understanding and comprehending things.
A normal life expectancy for someone with the disease is around 35-40 years.
There really is no treatment for it but there is a sort of care that happens and it is where a special therapist helps the person with Down syndrome on their level of education and the therapist also works on building their strengths
- Down Syndrome is the most common chromosomal condition.
- There is about 400,00 people today living with it.
- In 1920 the life expectency was only to 25.
- There are three types of Down syndrome.