Welcome Back GHES!
Back to School Information
Transportation - IMPORTANT
Please complete the transportation form below for EACH child that attends GHES:
Bus - to find your child’s bus number, please click on the Versatrans E-link. If you do not know your child’s student ID number, you can find it in ParentVue under “student info” If your child is a 1st-5th grader, they most likely know their number from logging on to their Chromebook. If you do not see a bus number yet, it is all right. They are still getting children routed. They are working on it!
Car Tag #'s (Parent pick-up) - We will be using our car tag/car loop procedures for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you have marked your child as parent pick-up, you must come to Grange Hall to pick up your car loop tag #'s this week:
- Tuesday, August 17 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 18 - 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Thursday, August 19 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Friday, August 20 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Parent Pick-Up Procedures:
- Parents will drive their car behind the building and through the car loop/back parking lot and display their car loop number in their car window.
- The staff person on duty will call for the students to be sent out to the car loop/back parking lot.
- If someone other than the parent will be picking up your child, it is the parents responsibility to make sure that individual has your child's assigned tag # & that individual's name is listed on the child's information card.
Kindergarten Orientation & School Supply Drop-Off
Kindergarten Orientation - August 18, 2021
Kindergarten Orientation will be split into two sessions:
- Students with the last names beginning with letters A- K will start promptly at 2:00 pm.
- Students with the last names beginning with the letters L - Z will start promptly at 3:00 pm.
1st - 5th Grade Supply Drop-Off - Wednesday, August 18, 2021
At Supply Drop-Off, please plan to “pop-in” to drop off supplies anytime during the 45 minutes assigned for your last name.
- Please enter Grange Hall through the main doors and proceed to your child's classroom.
- You can drop-off supplies, check out your classroom, and fill out the paperwork!
- Leave completed paperwork on your child's desk and proceed outside to the bus loop to meet the teacher.
Last names A-H please come anytime between 4:00 - 4:45 PM
Last names I - P please come anytime between 5:00 - 5:45 PM
Last names Q-Z please come anytime between 6:00 - 6:45 PM
If you are unable to attend our in-person supply drop-off, you may drop your students supplies by our main office between the hours of 8:00 - 3:00 PM (Wed./Thurs this week & Monday - Friday week of August 16).
Please view the link below for instructions to the updated ParentVue link & instructions on how to access your child's information via ParentVue.
First Day of School
- School begins on August 23rd for students in 1st through 5th grade
- Kindergartners with last names that begin with A-K come to school August 23, 24, and 27
- Kindergartners with last names that begin with L-Z come to school August 25, 26, and 27
- Student drop off begins at 8:10 AM.
- Please remember that we encourage your child to ride the bus on the first day so that the bus driver can meet each child at his/her regular bus stop if this will be their normal mode of transportation. This causes less confusion in the afternoon for students, teachers, and bus drivers.
- We dismiss at 3:00 PM.
Medication Drop-Off Schedule
CCPS is working to fill our school nurse vacancy. We will introduce our school nurse to our families once the position is filled.
All prescription medication must have an order. If your child has a health condition such as life threatening allergy, asthma, seizure, diabetes (see note in schedule for diabetes), or any other specific condition that requires accommodations and medications, you must have a healthcare plan on file. All plans can be found on the website: mychesterfieldschools.com
Emergency medications such as epinephrine, inhalers, seizure medications, insulin, etc should be ordered within the healthcare plan.
Daily medications MUST have a written order in addition to the labeled container. Orders must include the specific TIME. Student medication record (SMR Rx) forms can be found on the website: mychesterfieldschools.com
Over-the-counter medication should be unopened. Please do not bring large containers - they will not be accepted. Please label the medicine with your child's last name and first initial.
For all medications and forms - a parent must bring in these items.
Schedule for Medication and Healthcare Plan Drop-Off: Beginning August 16, our clinic will be open to accept medication from 9:00 - 3:00. Please be patient if you bring your medication to the clinic during supply drop-off due to the high volume of traffic.