Friday, June 9, 2023
Laptop Equipment Collection Information
High School Students must return their assigned ThinkPad, with stylus and power adapter by June 22, 2023. High School students may return their devices to the HF-L Technology Office in the High School (Room 125) or via the Tech support drive-up window located in the bus loop.
June 12th -22nd: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
* All devices should be handed in with a stylus (if applicable), a charger and all decorative stickers removed.
* Over the summer, all devices are checked for hardware issues and then reimaged. As such, all files should be backed up in OneDrive.
* Students can access Office 365 (Outlook email and OneDrive) from another device. There is a Quick Link on the HF-L website for ClassLink that will easily connect students to Office 365.
* Unreturned and damaged equipment will be invoiced for the replacement cost after June 22nd.
An important message for the Class of 2023:
Your HF-L Office 365 account, including email and your OneDrive file storage will be available until August 30, 2023. After that date, your account will be disabled.
* Before you hand in your laptop, check your files to see if there are any that you will want to keep after your account is disabled. Be sure to also check your desktop, the Documents folder, and the Pictures folder. All files that you want to keep should be saved in OneDrive.
* If you have a personal account with cloud storage (personal Microsoft account, dropbox, Google Drive), you can upload any files to your personal account from your OneDrive folder on your laptop.
* Once you hand in your laptop, you will only have access to files that are in OneDrive online. You can still access and save files from OneDrive online up until August 30, 2023. You can download OneDrive files to a home computer, external hard drive or jump drive for backup.
* You can access your email and OneDrive by going through ClassLink from the HF-L Website. * If you have leveraged an Office license for a personal device (downloaded Office to a home computer), then access to Office applications will cease when your account is disabled.
* If you have a personal Microsoft account and would like to save a copy of your Class Notebook, then follow the steps in this Microsoft article (copy and paste the URL):
* You can create a free, personal Microsoft account, with cloud storage, at
Regents Exam Schedule
Summer Registration for the Summer Enrichment Programs Now Open
Summer Driver's Education Classes
Summer Driver's Education registration is now open. Registration is online at the Community Programs website. Be sure to read the entire description before registering as the format is a different this session. Space is limited so register early! Any questions, please contact the Community Programs Office at 624-7068.
District Code of Conduct
The annual review of the District Code of Conduct will begin next month. Parent input is a critical component of the process. We are looking for 1 or 2 high school parent representatives to join the committee. The committee will make recommendations to the Board of Education on how the Code of Conduct can be improved. If you are interested or would like more information about the process, please contact Kim Muth or Jackie Davern at the high school.
Food Delivery to the High School
We have become increasingly aware that our students are purchasing food via grubhub or other food delivery services and having it delivered to the High School. While we discourage the use of food delivery services during school hours, we would like to clarify the policies and procedures that must be adhered to in order to ensure student safety:
- All food deliveries MUST be sent to the main office. Under NO circumstances should any student or adult open an exterior door during the school day to allow entry to the building or for food delivery. All students and visitors must enter through the main office between the hours of 7:30am-2pm.
- Students must pick up their orders from the main office vestibule. There will be no one monitoring deliveries and we will not follow up on "missing" orders.
- Students must follow individual teacher policies regarding eating in the classroom.
- Students are not permitted to leave class to pick up orders. Food should only be picked up during break, passing time, or lunch.
- Students picking up deliveries must arrive to class on time, there will be no excuse for tardiness.
Please feel free to contact the main office with any questions or concerns.
In the event you need to contact the school for attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 624-7088.
When leaving a message, please include the students name and reason for the attendance request; i.e. doctor /dentist appointment, college visit, slept late, etc. and who is contacting the school.
We want to make sure we accurately enter attendance for each student.