Weekly Tech News
September 22, 2017
Upcoming Sessions and Schedule Changes
This upcoming week marks the end of September's topic of Twitter. Albion Elementary staff is welcome to attend a Twitter playground on Tuesday. On Thursday, the Senior High staff will be making up the initial Twitter JOT that we missed due to weather.
As of now, there will be some changes to next month's sessions. I want to give as much notice as possible, so here are the currently scheduled sessions for October. Obviously things come up, like weather, and I will try to keep everyone updated and aware of any new changes each week.
WL JOT 10/03
AE JOT 10/10
JR HIGH JOT 10/12
WL Playground 10/24
SR JOT 10/26
AE Playground 10/31
JR/SR High Playground 11/2
The next topic will be BreakoutEdu! These sessions will be different than any that I've held before. Be sure to bring your thinking cap and collaboration skills!
Something to Think About: SAMR
- Audacity (record and edit audio)
- Canva (create images)
- H5P (create interactive tools)
- Infogr.am (create graphics from data)
- ThingLink (create interactive images)
- Youtube video editor (edit video; add CreativeCommons)
- Blendspace (remix or create)
- EDpuzzle (remix or create)
- NBC Learn is free for IN teachers http://indiana.nbclearn.com/
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/
- OpenEd https://www.opened.com/
- Library of Congress https://www.loc.gov/
- Amazon Inspire https://www.amazoninspire.com/
I haven't looked through every tool and resource that was shared, but the ones I've see in action seem to have value! I hope these resources prove to be beneficial when you are planning.