The Elementary Edition
I can't thank you enough for all that you have done at home to prepare students for school this year. We are so very proud of our students as they wear their masks and socially distance. They have adapted well to the systems and procedures of school. Their smiling eyes and positive energy are seen and felt throughout our buildings!
Traditionally, October brings educational opportunities from our local Greenwich Fire Department. We love the fire department members visiting and talking with us about their gear, and class visits to the fire safety bus. This year, following our current procedures, the Greenwich Fire Department has instead created videos for our students to view! Although the members are disappointed and will miss visiting with our students in-person, they understand our need to remain safe at school. Our students will enjoy these videos in their classrooms. In addition, our teachers will post the videos on google classroom for remote learners as well!
With our early arrival time of 7:40 AM, we are beginning to see an increase in tardiness. The tardy bell rings at 7:55 AM. Please help us by delivering your child(ren) to school between 7:40 - 7:50 AM so they are not tardy. Here's to building new habits this year!
Enjoy this month of cooler air and changing leaves!
OPERATION SANTA CLAUS
October Dates to Remember
* 10/12 - Columbus Day - NO SCHOOL
* 10/19 - PreK-6 Parent/Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL GRADES Pre-K through Grade 6
* 10/19 - Board of Education Meeting - 6:00 p.m.
* 10/20 - Pre-K Parent/Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL - PRE-K Students ONLY
* 10/20 - PTSA Meeting - 6:30 p.m. (Check website for details)
* 10/31 - Halloween
A & B IN-PERSON LEARNING Days
- 10/1 & 10/2 - B Days
- 10/5 & 10/6 - A Days
- 10/7 & 10/8 - B Days
- 10/9 - A Day
- 10/12 - NO SCHOOL
- 10/13 - A Day
- 10/14, 10/15 & 10/16 - B Days
- 10/19 - NO SCHOOL - Pre-K through Grade 6 ONLY
- 10/20 - A Day
- 10/21 & 10/22 - B Days
- 10/23 - A Day
- 10/26 & 10/27 - A Days
- 10/28, 10/29 & 10/30 - B Days