February 10, 2021
Lowell School - Westside Park Neighborhood Center Survey to Design Programs & Activities
LOWELL KINDNESS WEEK
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9 - TOOTLE TUESDAY: Write Tootles to those who have been kind.
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10 - BE THE 'I' IN KIND: Add Sticky Notes to your pod's Kindness Poster.
- THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11 - THANK A TEACHER: Share kind words with those who help us learn.
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12 - WE LOVE OUR SCHOOL: Wear red, pink or heart designed clothing.
Follow us on Instagram at Lowellschoolmissoula
The votes are in! "Honey, The Dog Who Saved Abe Lincoln" written by Shari Swanson received the most votes from Lowell for the 2021 Treasure State Book Award! "If I Built A School" by Chris Van Dusen came in second and "We Don't Eat Our Classmates" by Ryan T. Higgins placed third. Our results have been submitted to the state and the overall champion for Montana will be announced soon. Thank you everyone for participating! If you would like to listen to any of the nominees again, you may still access them at: Treasure State Book Award.
OPERATION LEVEL UP!
We have been celebrating students around the school who are leveling up on the IRLA Reading Assessment. Way to go, Lowell Readers!!
Please encourage your Lowell Bobcat to keep reading 30 minutes every night so all readers can continue leveling up!
MARKET AT LOWELL
NMCDC KIDS CLUB
MCPS INDIAN EDUCATION DEPARTMENT & ALL NATIONS HEALTH CENTER
- Franklin, Hawthorne and Lowell elementary schools
- Meadow Hill, Washington and CS Porter middle schools
- Hellgate and Willard Alternative high schools
United Way's easy, FREE tool makes filing your taes a breeze--you can fill out the forms now, and they'll be filed with the IRS as asoon as they can be accepted. No income or age limits--save yourself stress this season. Get started at https://www.myfreetaxes.com/
CDC MILESTONE TRACKER APP
Milestones matter! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC’s easy-to-use illustrated checklists; get tips from CDC for encouraging your child’s development; and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing.From birth to age 5, your child should reach milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!