Title IV, Part A School Safety News
ESC 9 Update
Here are a couple of Title 4, Part A resources that may be useful for your district:
- Ten Essential Actions to Improve School Safety
- T4PA Center Technical Assistance on Support Connectivity for Rural Students
I have also been asked about the requirements and recommendations for School Safety and Security Committees. Here is information from TASB:
Texas School Safety Center News
TxSSC EOP Submission Comment Report Guidance
- For EOP Exists, the Review Determination is NO.
- For Continuity Of Operations Plan (COOP), the Review Determination is NO or INSUFFICIENT.
- For Communicable Disease Annex, the Review Determination is NO or INSUFFICIENT.
For these three items, please update your district plan according to the comments made in those sections and resubmit the updated versions of these documents by October 16, 2020, at the re-submittal form link below:
A special thank you to Dwain Milam and Curtis Eldridge for hosting EOP resubmission work sessions.
Updated—Required Drills for Schools and COVID-19 Considerations
TxSSC virtual training opportunities
School Behavioral Threat Assessment (REQUIRED for ALL team members)
Standard Response Protocol/Standard Reunification Method
Digital Threat Assessment
Sandy Hook Say Something
School Based Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Click here: https://txssc.txstate.edu/events/