October 29, 2021
- Oct. 29-Halloween Parade @ 2:45 p.m. (outside)
- Nov. 4- Guitar Lessons @ 7:45 a.m.-Music Room
- Nov. 8- No School for K-12 Students-Staff Work and PD Day
NEWS FROM WERNER
Halloween Parade- Our annual Halloween Parade will begin around 2:45 p.m. on Friday, October 29. If you park at school, please do not park in areas where there is signage for No Parking or along red curbs (for Emergency Access). Our parade will start at the front entry, and we will pick up classrooms as we walk around the entire building. We will drop off classrooms as we walk back around. Parents are invited to view the parade outside around the building. Visitors will not be allowed in the building. After the parade is completed, parents may take their student(s) home. Please check your student out with their teacher if you decide to leave early.
- Halloween Parties- Parties will be held in each room before the parade (scheduled with homeroom teacher and Room Parent). Due to current restrictions, we can only accommodate two volunteers per classroom for the parties. Room Parents and/or teachers will be communicating out to families on needs. Volunteers need to review the Werner Health/Safety Protocols for Classroom Parties. Visitors will not be allowed for the parties this year.
- CANS Around the OVAL results- Thanks for your food donations Werner! We collected 577 lbs. of food to support the Larimer County Food Bank! Thanks for your generosity.
PSD Code of Conduct- The Poudre School District wants each school to have 95% of our families acknowledge PSD's Code of Conduct. At this time, Werner has only reached 91%. To acknowledge the Code of Conduct, you will need to log into ParentVue. When you first log in, you will be asked to review and acknowledge the document. You can log in here: https://pvue.psdschools.org/.
PSD Lockdown Drill Week set for Nov. 1-5
- We know we will participate in a drill that week but won’t know the specific time at which it will occur.
- We will make an announcement over our intercom when the drill is underway and emphasize that it is only a drill and that there is not an active threat to our school.
- During a lockdown drill, students and staff are directed to a safe location inside the building. Exterior and interior doors, windows, and access points are closed and locked. Due to COVID protocols, students will remain at their desks or normal socially distanced positions during the drill.
- When it’s completed, school staff, members of PSD’s Safety and Security Department, and law enforcement officers will review how things went.
- Community members can expect to see a heavier-than-usual law enforcement presence at the schools when lockdown drills occur.
For more information: www.psdschools.org.
A Note from Our Health Office
Students who develop COVID-like symptoms while at school will need to go home. This includes: new or worsening cough, upset stomach, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, and headache. Some of these symptoms overlap with other health conditions such as seasonal allergies or anxiety. If your student has a known health condition, it needs to be documented with a note from a medical provider and turned in to the Health Office in order for your student to remain at Werner with these symptoms. You can look up the health conditions on record for your child by logging in to ParentVue, click on ‘Health’, then click on ‘Health Conditions’.
Link to immunization information:
· If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes.
· If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school. Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1st through June 30th of the following year).
· Two ways to file a nonmedical exemption, certificates and online education module:
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
o File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
"Return to Learn" Guidance
If your child is experiencing illness symptoms, please refer to the CDPHE Return to Learn Guidance for helpful pointers as to whether your child can return to school or not.
Library Volunteers Needed!
The Werner library is excited to welcome back our seasoned volunteers and bring new ones on board! We would love your help shelving books and performing other library tasks anytime throughout the school day. We are happy to accommodate all schedules and availability.
Please email Amy at email@example.com if interested.
If you’re yet not in the PSD Volunteer system, sign up here:
Due to the district’s covid restrictions, volunteers must also sign up here this year:
All volunteers must wear a mask while inside a PSD building.
Werner Health/Safety Protocols
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
Werner Weekly 10.29
October Meeting Recap
We welcome Cloie Heffern to the PTA Board as Vice President of Community Service!
Katherine, from Partners gave an informative presentation focused on adolescent brain development, decision making, and skills to help talk to your child about substances. She informed us on the importance of understanding the difference between your Lizard brain (fight, flight, freeze) vs. Wizard Brain (critical thinking). How using facts & data can lead a conversation with youth and create visibility into what is really happening in their peer group. Perception vs. reality was another key tool to utilize in discussing these topics with kids and teens. Some resources Katherine suggested: Forward Together CO, Rise Above.
Parent’s Night Out
November 18 | Board & Brush | 6 – 9 p.m.
The Werner PTA is hosting our first Parent's Night Out of the year! YAY! We'll be painting a wooden sign at Board & Brush. You can pick a project from the selection when you click the registration link below. PTA will provide snacks, and beer & wine are available for purchase for $6 each.
Here is a link for everyone to register:
Access Code: WERNER
You must register by November 15th.
Contact Chelsea PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com with any questions.
We hope to see you there!
Upcoming General Meeting
Tuesday, November 9 | 3:30 pm | Werner Elementary
November Book Club
November’s Book is “Apples Never Fall” by Liane Moriarty. Register to join us here.
Book Club Meeting | Saturday, December 4th | 9:30 – 11 a.m. | Location TBD
From Liane Moriarty, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Big Little Lies and Nine Perfect Strangers, comes Apples Never Fall, a novel that looks at marriage, siblings, and how the people we love the most can hurt us the deepest.
October Book Club Meeting
November 4 | 6 – 7:30 p.m. | PTA Board Members Home
Meeting information will be sent to all who registered for this month’s Book Club. This month’s book is “Trauma Proofing Your Kids”, A Parents' Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, by Peter A. Levine and Maggie Kline.
DEI Committee: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Thank you to those of you who have signed up. We look forward to creating the most engaging and supportive community here at Werner. The purpose of this committee is to ensure that every student and family feels, seen, heard, safe, and welcome in the community. First meeting information will be sent soon to those who are registered.
PTA Spirit Wear
Like our Cool PTA Mom tees? The Werner PTA has designed some Grownup Tees and Coffee Mugs for purchase to show your PTA spirit!
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events and see what the PTA is up to at the school.
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL! Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
- If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
- If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
VP of Community Service | Cloie Heffern
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
Connect with us at PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com
There Is No Wrong Way to PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
PSD 21-22 School Year Updates
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.