All In, Mt. Gallant!
October 17 - 21
- Lucy Calkins PD has been cancelled for Monday, October 17.
- We will have an earthquake drill on Wednesday at 9:50 followed by a fire drill. Follow the SAFE SEVEN procedures for earthquake drill. Students must take cover under sturdy furniture (desk/table).
- Fall Showcase is coming up on October 27. Plan ahead to have your students' learning on display inside of your classroom. Everything the parents see must be something your students have been learning.
All grades are due by 3pm on Oct. 18th. If your grades are completed before then please email Leonard so she can begin checking. Report card reminders were sent to you in an email with reminders on information to enter in Power School.
Please ensure you are reading all emails being forward to you from Kim Massey regarding Science. These emails have information about benchmarks and upcoming resources for the next quarter.
Canvas and Report Card Letters to Parents
In your box this week, you will find letters that will go home with report cards regarding parent information on Canvas and understanding the report cards. Also, parent signature sheets will be in your boxes to place with your report cards.
SC Ready Student Reports
These reports are on hold due to a spelling error by DRC - the company that produces the state test. This will delay the ISR date for reports going home to parents.
News from Reading Coach
- Please contact Hospitality team member, Patty Taylor, when a co-worker or their family member is sick, hospitalized, or when a loss occurs, so the appropriate actions can be taken to support one another. See the Hospitality Guidelines sent earlier in the year by Barb for details.
Save the date...
- Baby shower for Kathy Baker & Baby Boy Baker on Nov. 1. Invitation with details is coming soon!
- Reading Coach PLC at MGES in Media Center - All Day
- Moree - Parent Tour for prospective 4th grader, 9a
- Moree at DO for finance equity meeting, 8a
- Morrison at Brattonsville
- PTA Lunch and Desserts
- Grades due by 3p
- Second Grade CogAT training in Carly's room at 3:15
- Grades 3 - 5 meet with Moree in Media Center at 2:45 - to discuss reteaching/retesting/grading and SLO/GBE - Bring laptop
- Knight-O-Bots bake sale
- Kathryn Howe at Brattonsville
- TK Ceremony at 8:30a
- Earthquake drill followed by fire drill at 9:50a
- Team meetings with K-2 only. We will work on the electronic SLO/GBE forms. Bring laptop to conference room.
- Veterans Day practice after school with Abril
- PTA Mega Party - Jean Day!
8:15 – 9:15 – Top Sellers
9:20 – 10:20 –First and Second Grades
10:25 – 11:25 – Third, Good, and Howe
11:25 – 12:25 – Kindergarten
12:50 – 1:50 – Fifth, Whitesides, and Powers
- PST: Baccus, Taylor, S. Baker
- Spirit Night at Gionino's Pizza
- Exchange Day - The building will be open but please take the day off (if you are not required to attend the make-up conference sessions).
24 - Heather Rollings at MGES - She'd like to meet briefly with grades 3-5 during planning
24 - 28 - Red Ribbon Week - "Stomp out Drugs"
24 - 28 - Porkchop Week (again)
24 - Elks Club Drug Awareness trailer from 9a - 11a - Grades 4 and 5
25 - Open Enrollment Insurance Advisor at MG
25 - Collaboration Tuesday at India Hook, 3:15p
25 - District SIC Meeting 6:30p - 8p
27 - Fall Showcase/Book Fair Family Night
27 - Students should return reading challenge, Read Your Way to the Big Game to library.
28 - Report cards sent home
1, 2, 4 - CogAT Testing - Second Grade
3 - Elementary AP Meeting
4 - TK nomination due
7 - 11 - Book Fair
8 - Election Day - No school
10 - Elementary Principals Meeting
10 - Veterans Day Program (Third Grade) - 6p & Book Fair Family Night
10 - PTA Meeting @ 6p (TENTATIVE)
11 - Veterans Day
15 - Shane's Rib Shack Spirit Night - 5 - 8p
21 - Vision Screenings for K, 1, 2, 3, 5 - Lions Club
29 - Spirit Night at McAlister's Deli - 5 - 9p
1 - Spirit Day at Chick-fil-a
7 - Polacco Visit - Details coming soon.
8 - SIC at 5:15p; PTA at 6p
21 - Half-day dismissal at 11a