Health and Safety Inspections
March 8th from 7pm to 8:30pm
How does it work?
2nd: The RA will return as posted to inspect your suite. You do not have to be home, but if you can that is a bonus. Here is how it works:
- The RAs will key into your suit
- They will conduct the inspection
- Leave a carbon copy stating if you passed it or not
4th: If you fail the second time – We will contact our professional cleaning staff so they come in and clean at your expense.
Things to consider that can make you fail...
Unauthorized (Not Allowed) Items:
· Open Coil Appliances (Toaster ovens, hot plates, electric skillets) (Sealed unit coffee makers and thermostat controlled hot pots and crock pots are allowed.)
· Refrigerators larger than those allowed by University Housing
· Candles (with black wicks)
(Candles with new wicks are acceptable)
· Oil Lamps
· Pets (except for fish)
· Dart Boards
Improper disposal of trash:
· Is the trash overflowing?
Improper Food Storage:
· Where? Refrigerator, countertop, & bathroom.
· What is damaged?
· Where is this furniture located?
Misuse of electrical outlet/light fixture:
· Are there multiple surge protectors plugged into 1 outlet?
· Are there extension cords coming out of the light bulbs?
· Are the wrong types of bulbs in the socket?
Fire or other safety violation:
· Fire hazards, such as exposed wires
· Is there reason to believe that more than one individual may be staying in a bedroom?