Gator Tracks Family Update:
Week of February 18th, 2019
Coming Up This Week:
Monday, February 18th Day 5
Family Day-no classes
Tuesday, February 19th Day 1
Swim/Skate: Mackenzie, Deloughery/Murphy, Ambury
Art Club 2nd recess
Sr. Girls BBall game at AVPS
Wednesday, February 20th Day 2
Reports Card home
Boys and Girls Club-Carlone 11:00 a.m.-classroom
Sr. Boys Bball game at 4:00 p.m. at AVPS
Thursday, February 21st Day 3
Friday, February 22nd Day 4
Colour House Day
Sr. Boys Bball tournament-LaSalle Secondary School
Looking Ahead in February:
- February 25th Sr. Girls BBall practice-8:00 a.m
- February 26th Swim/Skate: Olive, Putos/Carlone, Leppik
- February 27th Olive/Ambury-Agnes Etherington
- February 27th Boys&Girls Club-Carlone
- February 27th Hot Lunch
- February 28th Sr. Girls BBall practice-8:00 a.m
- February 28th Mackenzie/Deloughery Kingston Gymnastics Club
- March 1st Hot Lunch
- March 1st Sr. Girls BBall practice-12:55 p.m.
Snow Day Learning
Inclement Weather Drop-Off & Pick-Up
We experienced more unpredictable weather last week. Freezing rain and ice pellets resulted in two days of bus cancellations. Here are a few reminders to help make sure things go smoothly on these days:
- If parents are bringing their children to school or if children are walking to school, please be reminded that supervision on the yards begins at 8:35 a.m. until 8:50 a.m. All students should proceed to the yard upon arrival at school during this time.
- Inclement weather sometimes results in indoor supervision at this time. On these occasions, we will ring the bells to signal students to come inside at 8:35 and supervision will be provided inside until 8:50 am. Only students will be allowed into the building from the yard.
- If you are dropping off your child on an inclement weather day, please check to see whether it is an indoor or outdoor supervision morning entry when you arrive.
- Dismissal occurs daily at 3:20 p.m. Students who walk to school will be dismissed according to their regular daily routine. Sometimes this takes a few minutes longer as staff are verifying that students are organizing safe departure for all students.
- Students who are bused will wait in the gym or foyer (depending on numbers) for parental pickup.
- If you are picking up your child early, please sign them out at the office.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we all work through consistent routines during inconsistent weather.
Kindergarten Registration is Now Underway!
Play! Explore! Learn! Discover Kindergarten in Limestone. Registration is now underway for this September. It’s easy to register online, with just one click from the school website. Our Kindergarten program supports children’s development as competent and capable learners. AVPS also offers French Immersion Kindergarten.] If your child is 4 or 5 years old by the end of December, now is the time to register. http://bit.ly/LDSBregistration
Global Citizenship at Work!
Marker Recycling Program
Did you know that we recycle used markers at Amherstview? Since the beginning of the school year, three large boxes of dried up markers have been recycled at Amherstview. We are part of Crayola’s Colorcycle Program which recycles all used markers, of any brand, for free. That means your child(ren) can also bring in dried up markers from home to put in our marker recycling bin.
At Amherstview we care about the environment!
Please Use Main Entrance Only
SafeArrival Absence Reporting Continues
Bus Cancellations on Inclement Weather Days
- Decisions about cancelling transportation services usually occur very early in the morning of a school day, and are based on the latest information about road conditions and weather forecasts.
- Bus routes that have been cancelled due to inclement weather are cancelled for the whole day.
- Parents / guardians will be responsible for the return transportation for any student dropped off at school; students need to be picked up by 3:20.
- Schools remain open in the event of full bus cancellations unless otherwise determined by the Director of Education.
How Do I Find Out if My Bus is Delayed or Cancelled?
- Visit Tri-Board Student Transportation Services website at www.triboard.on.ca for information and subscribe to their notification of cancellation messages.
- Visit the LDSB website www.limestone.on.ca and subscribe to the LDSB app
- Listen to local radio stations in the a.m.
- Follow on Twitter @LimestoneDSB . Our school Twitter site will also retweet this information.
- When all buses are cancelled, we will send out a communicate message to our AVPS families