Cougar Nation Announcements
May 6, 2020
Teacher Appreciation Week - May 4-8
We are celebrating and honoring our teachers this week! Below is the remaining schedule for the week's activities.
Thursday, May 7th
- Give your teacher something special! Students can draw a picture, write a poem, sing a song — the sky is the limit! Share a photo or video on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this Favorite Memory template to share your favorite memory from your class this year.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1YaHSWf5zdvMMUiMpuu5QpRyDCABEZPh9/view?usp=sharing
FRIDAY MAY 8TH, 2020:
- Decorate your neighborhood for the teachers and staff so they can feel the love. Use sidewalk chalk to leave messages on driveways and sidewalks, create fun signs, and put them in your yard…anything is possible! Share a photo or video on your social media and use #BLRteacherappreciation.
- Today’s Special Message: Use this What I’ll Miss template to share what you will miss most about your teacher.
- Link to Template: drive.google.com/file/d/1ZsGuqz60wMmsPH8IMbE-R2BvJ0r47vCc/view?usp=sharing
We encourage you to participate during these virtual events. The feelings that your children will get making others feel special will be just as rewarding as how our teachers will feel! Have a fun week!
Attention 8th Grade Parents
The Yearbook staff is giving every 8th grader a free of charge 1/4 page ad in the yearbook to commemorate this unique graduation.
All you need to do is email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. How you would like their name to appear
2. quote from the student
3. message from loved ones
4. 1 to 2 pictures attached to the email.
DEADLINE: Please reply with your ad information by Monday, May 11th. But the sooner the better because my staff consists of 8th-grade students who would need to complete this before the end of school.
Lower Campus Library News
If your child has a library book(s), please bring the book(s) back to school between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. M-F and place the book(s) in the boxes placed in the foyer of the school. You will be required to ring the buzzer at the front entrance when you arrive.
Junior Ring Mass
The Junior Ring Mass has been postponed to the beginning of the upcoming school year. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will announce a time to pick up your rings from the school very soon. Thank you for your patience!
Juniors and Seniors Apply for the Leadership Team!
The Leadership Team will have a class this upcoming school year! We are working out whether it will count as an elective, dual credit, etc, but no matter what, it will be great!
In this class, you will have buddy classes for younger students (to be modeled after the PALS program), community building, service projects, prayer, and more. You will learn how to be a leader, how to deepen your relationship with Christ, what authentic discipleship looks like, and you will serve the community in so many ways! You don’t want to miss out, so please apply!
Answer the “Applicant Short Answer Questions” below and email them to me at email@example.com.
Email your Reicher teachers the “Teacher Evaluation”, also found below, and have them email their answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (you can copy and paste it to them if that is easiest!).
Submit your application no later than May 11th.
Other Important Information:
Due to COVID, we will not be conducting our normal interviews this year, so please make sure to answer the questions as best as you can.
The questions are short answer questions-- so there is no need to write an essay! But definitely write more than 2 sentences.
Mr. Atteberry and Ms. Frech will be discussing your applications and will let you know (through email) if you made the team by May 15th. If you make the team, we will send you a form of some team standards for you to sign electronically.
Applicant Short Answer Questions:
What motivated you to apply for the Leadership Team?
What qualities do you possess that would make you an asset to this team?
What would you like to learn during your time on the Leadership Team?
Describe your prayer life. Are you interested in deepening it? Why or why not?
Explain a time you saw God moving in your life.
What is the most important quality to have as a Catholic leader?
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, please rate the applicant in each of the
areas listed below:
1. _____ Seeks a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
2. _____ Exhibits Reicher’s Core Values of Joy, Unity, Pursuing Excellence, and Building Relationships
3. _____ Exhibits Leadership
4. _____ Exhibits Honesty and Integrity
5. _____ Shows Respect for Authority
6. _____ Shows Respect for Peers
7. _____ Follows Established Rules
8. _____ Ability to be a good representative for Bishop Louis Reicher on and off Campus
Comments if you have any:
New Student Referral Incentive Program
We recognize that our current school families are our biggest cheerleaders and best ambassadors. To thank you for referring new students and families to Bishop Louis Reicher Catholic School, we are implementing a New Student Referral Incentive Program. We will award a $500 tuition credit to a current Bishop Reicher family who refers a new family that enrolls their child(ren) at Bishop Reicher for the 2020-21 school year.
The referral program is for current Bishop Reicher parents or guardians who are paying tuition for currently enrolled students (PreK-3 through 12th grade).
The tuition incentive may not be applied to non-tuition fees (summer programs, cafeteria, athletic fee, academic fee, etc.) and may not be converted to cash.
The tuition incentive may not be transferred to another Bishop Reicher family.
Enrollment of the referred student is subject to the standard enrollment process and subject to administration approval.
Tuition credit rewards will be given for referring new families to Bishop Reicher (does not include returning families). To qualify for the incentive, referred students cannot have a sibling currently or previously enrolled at Bishop Reicher.
To qualify, referrals must be acknowledged by the new family on the new family’s application form during the admissions process.
Tuition credits will be applied in October for students starting at the beginning of the school year. Credits for students starting after the beginning of the year will be applied one month following the start date of the new family. To qualify, the new family must remain in good financial standing with the school for at least 30 days.