Announcements, updates, and weekend preparations!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2023
The Truth About Worship
Walk into any church, and you might find it difficult to determine who or what is the focus of the worship. In some churches it might be the band, clothed and posturing like rocks stars for their adoring fans. In other churches, the audience appears to be the center of attention, as the audio and video production—and any other sensory elements—work together with precision to elicit an emotional response.
Still other churches appear to put the emphasis on Christ, albeit a “Christ” of their own design. You’ve likely heard worship songs that refer to God’s Son with terminology and emotion normally reserved for a spouse. These “Jesus-as-my-boyfriend” worship songs not only corrupt the church’s understanding of what it means to love the Lord, they obscure the truth about His character and nature. It’s a trend that undersells the Person and work of Christ, replacing the truth and power of His saving work on our behalf with trite sentimentality and vague emotionalism.
Click here to continue reading.
Sunday, November 26th
Monday, November 27th
Wednesday, November 29th
MidWeek: Around the Table @HOME
Prepare a simple meal for your guests, have everyone bring something, prepare a meal together, or just enjoy some snacks or dessert together. Spend time getting to know one another, building deeper connections, and introducing friends that haven't met to one another.
Center Your Table Conversations on These Things:
* Our God is a Speaking God. How has God been speaking to you, in you, or through you this week?
* Our God is a Saving God. How has salvation restored and fulfilled you this week?
* Our God is a Satisfying God. How have you been satisfied by God or in God this week?
* Our God made us to ENJOY all of these wonderful things about HIM...TOGETHER.
* We, the church, are collectively called His Bride, His Flock, His Body, His Family of Adopted Children, Living Stones in His Temple. All of His references to us are collective, never individual. Why do you think that is? We may have been saved individually, but we live out our Christian lives collectively.
* The local church is a household built around a table—the Lord’s Table, where we come to commune around the bread and wine, a meal with our God. God made dinner tables to have a certain gravity to them, a certain weight. When we share a meal together, we’re each being built up by the same food, each becoming bodies made of the same stuff. The church is made of many tables, and we are convinced that those tables have gravity, too, and that gravity should pull others into its orbit.
* So one of the biggest—yet simplest—means through which we aim to foster family ONENESS as a church is through INTENTIONAL table fellowship. We model it often at church through The Lord's Supper and Breakfasts, MidWeek Family Meals, Ladies' Luncheons, etc.
Friday, December 1st
Sunday, December 3rd
KidzMin Christmas Program: Cookie Contest
We are adding a splash of fun to the KidzMin Christmas Program this year by combining the "reception to follow" with our Christmas Cookie Contest. We'll have cookies and beverages after the musical and we want to highlight YOUR favorite holiday cookies - and there will be prizes, y'all!!!!
Click Here to Register!
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP!
- Sunday, November 26th: Crossroads University Track @ 9:30am
- Sunday, November 26th: CSM @ 6-8:30pm
- Monday, November 27th: Trail Life USA @ 6:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29th: MidWeek: Around the Table @HOME @5-8pm
- Friday, December 1st: MOPS @10am
- Sunday, December 3rd: Christmas Cookie Contest @6-8pm
- Sunday, December 3rd: Kidz Christmas Musical @ 6pm
- Sunday, December 24th: 10:30am Service ONLY
- Sunday, December 31st: 10:30am Service ONLY
- Friday thru Sunday, March 8th-10th: 2024 Men's Warrior Weekend at Jabez Retreat Center
- Monday thru Friday, August 5th-9th: 2024 CSM Middle/High School Camp in Eagle Rock, AR.
- Friday thru Sunday, October 11th-13th: 2024 Women's Retreat at Jabez Retreat Center
Check Out Midweek's "Over The Hump"
In order to keep our communications streamlined, we have broken our weekly reminders into three smaller digital publications. If you missed this last week's "Over the Hump", click the image above to check it out or refresh your memory. "Over the Hump" focuses on Missions Highlights, Prayer, Offering Reports, Ministry and Volunteer Needs, etc.
SUNDAY FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEONS
Sunday Fellowship Lunches will happen once a month in the church kitchen on Sunday afternoons right after the service. You will be cooking and sharing a meal with 5 or 6 families.
If you are interested in participating in one of these, please sign up! You will be contacted with more details about dates and food when a lunch group is created.
This sign-up is meant to generate a list of people interested in this opportunity. Since we will only be doing this once a month, it may take a couple months before you're contacted. Thank you for your patience.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: https://direction4living.com
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location and Mailing Address: 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / email@example.com
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Frelick - Pastoral Intern
- 303-656-3547 / email@example.com
If you need to contact one of our staff members, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS, WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook and near the bottom of the HOME tab in Church Center. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
- Darryl is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as the primary Teaching Pastor and Counselor. As ministry happens everywhere, he is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Darryl and Sharon live here in The Big House and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl.
- Daniel is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as our primary Student Pastor, Worship Leader, and administrator of most of our Ministry Teams. As ministry happens everywhere, Daniel is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and serves as the primary Pastor to our Missional Communities and Discipleship. Michael does not keep office hours here at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Dennis Frelick is a part-time Pastoral Intern and serves as Darryl's assistant. He works from home and the office here at The Big House and can also be reached by text or phone.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email, and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at The Big House.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
Click Here to Download and Install Church Center your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.