Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests March 31, 2013
- Belle and her family ~ She is home. Therapy begins this week.
- Janet and Keith - unspoken
- Anne - 8 year old Laura, ear surgery Thursday, pray for a good recovery and that it will be successful this time
- Emily - Chris begins visitation with Emerie next weekend. Pray for the whole situation. Don had an interview Friday and another one Wednesday (2 different jobs)
- Doug - Ellen, coworker, has breast cancer
- Sisks - sick
- Gerald - dad is waiting on test results for prostrate cancer
- Tammy - both are sick and traveling
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Notes are sparse this week. I had a hard time concentrating during SS.
239 times "the Word" is in the Bible
Can mean something that is important or significant
"The word came down". In the military
This is a mission, an action, you need to listen
The sayings of God
A decree, a mandate, an order
The moral precepts given by God
OT prophecy given by God
Take everything Jesus was and is and wrap it up in a ball and say here it is
OT written in Hebrew
NT written in Greek
We see John the Baptist in us
We should be doing what JTB did
His own didn't receive him
God designed the gospel and sent His son so we could see His glory
John wrote his gospel so we could see God through his son
God did everything that needed to be done for us..our sins. The Bible is a book of God working through his people to solve the problem.
Next Week's Lesson Outline
In this lesson, we will look at how the teaching ministry of Jesus Christ was centered on the kingdom of God—the arrival of God’s reign in fulfillment of His promises to His people. The kingdom puts on display the saving power of God as it is proclaimed to all kinds of people. In response to Jesus’ proclamation of the kingdom of God, we must repent of our own personal agendas, trust in Him as our King, and then represent Him faithfully in the world.
1. The kingdom has arrived with the coming of Jesus (Mark 1:14-15).
2. The kingdom is the demonstration of God’s saving power (Luke 4:16-21).
3. The kingdom is proclaimed to all kinds of people (Luke 8:4-8).
4. The kingdom has authority because of the identity of the King (Matt. 7:28-29).
- Volunteers needed to help with Everything Trucks during Come See Me. Contact Tammyw@fbcrockhill.org or Freeman.firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 1-5 ~ church building closed for cleaning, church office OPEN
- April 7 ~ lunch together then shopping for the CAH project
- April 13 ~ work day at Camp La Vida (White Oak)
- April 27, Service project at Children's Attention Home
- Dec. 14 Soup Kitchen
North American Missions Week of Prayer
- Pray for Mosaic Church - that they will see transformed lives.
- The couple as they expect their first child and model a Christian home.
Day Two - Lorna Bius (Denver, CO) works on creative ways to reach people groups.
- Pray for God's provision of key people who can develop LoveLoud ministries.
- Churches and ministries to partner as never before
Day Three - Peter and Irene Yanes (Philadelphia, PA) mentors church planters
- more established churches to partner with ethnic church planters
- existing ethnic churches to get involved in church planting
Day Four - Kay Bennett (New Orleans, LA) transitional housing program for homeless women
- encouragement for Baptist Friendship House as they encounter hurting people
- God's freedom and healing for people enslaved by human trafficking
Day Five - Ben and Shauna Pilgreen (San Francisco, CA) church planting
- leaders to make long term commitments to stay in SF
- wisdom and strength as Epic Church expands into more neighborhoods to spread the gospel
Day Six - Victor and Candice Thomas (Vancouver, BC) poverty ministry
- more partners to answer God's call to assist The Point in reaching the lost in Vancouver
- a new church plant in the least reached area of Coquitlam
Day Seven - Short term missions with long term impact
- more young people to answer God's call to serve in short term missions experiences
- summer and semester missionaries to be stretched and challenged during their times of service so that they may more easily discern God's call to missions for long term.
Day Eight - Reaching your "one"
- churches and individuals to answer God's call to partner with missionaries and church planters to start new churches in North America
- obedience and confidence to do what God is asking you to do for the cause of missions