Thursday, May 5th - Mother's Day Tea
Tuesday, May 10th - Optional Parent Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, May 11th- May Day Celebration at 2:00
Thursday, May 26th- Farm Day
Friday, June 3rd- Field Day (Rain Date June 10th)
Monday, June 13th- Locks For Love Whole School Meeting
Wednesday, June 15th- End of Year Show
Friday, June 17th- Dads and Donuts
Monday & Tuesday, June 20th & 21st - Early Dismissal
Wednesday, June 22nd - Early Dismissal/Last Day of School
Classroom Items Needed:
-Dry Erase Markers
Arbor Day Tree Planting!
- We completed "Bird on Wires" Math Problems (different ways 10 birds can land on 2 wires).
- Playing a race car game to practice decomposing numbers and finding a missing part of 10.
- Children solved number stories with calculators.
- Students compared numbers and place them in order from smallest (least) to largest (greatest).
· Who where the characters?
· What was the setting? Did the setting change throughout the story or stay the same?
· What was the Plot? (Major events)
· What happened at the beginning?
· What happened in the middle?
· What happened at the end?
· What was the main problem?
· What was the solution?
· Did you like the story? Why?
· What was your favorite part?
Whether kindergarteners are just looking at the pictures, pointing out letters, or even identifying words, having books for children to look at is ideal to helping them become a beginning reader AND start to have a love for reading!
Follow the directions below to purchase books. Your purchases will also give our class “points” which I can redeem for books and activities to use in our classroom!
REGISTER at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
ENTER the class activation code LYXLB
CHOOSE from hundreds of print titles, award winning authors, value packs, and educational games and activities
SUBMIT the order to me, the teacher.
EARN more free books for you and our classroom
Thanks for supporting our classroom library!