Florence High School
August 25, 2017
Senior Field Trip to UNA
On Tuesday, August 22 Senior teachers took over 300 Seniors to UNA's College Fair where students were able to meet and talk to ambassadors from many different colleges. After leaving the College Fair, Seniors gathered for a picnic lunch at McFarland Park where they were able to mingle with classmates as well as discuss and set a school spirited culture as they begin to lead by example for the underclassman. FHS looks forward to see what the Class of 2018 will achieve this school year.
Upcoming Dates to Know
- Football -- Clay-Chalkville (at home) -- Friday, August 25 7:00 PM, Braly Stadium
- Summer Graduation -- Friday, August 25 10:00 AM, FHS Auditorium
- Fall Picture Day -- Friday, September 1st.
- Volleyball JV & Varisty vs Austin, AWAY -- Thursday, August 31
- Cross Country JV & Varsity vs Brooks, McFarland Park -- Saturday, September 2, 8-12
- Volleyball JV vs Priceville Tournament, AWAY -- Saturday, September 2
- Volleyball Varisty vs West Morgan Tournament, AWAY -- Saturday, September 2
- Labor Day, NO SCHOOL -- Monday, September 4
- Data Day, NO SCHOOL for students -- Tuesday, September 5
- HOMECOMING WEEK -- September 25-29 -- Theme is "A Heroes Homecoming" (parade will be on Thursday, September 28 at 7PM)
Eclipse Day fun!
Total eclipse of el sol!
Teachers prepared students with info...then enjoyed the day as well!
Thank you FCS!
All students & staff provided eclipse glasses to enjoy the day!
TV Production class
Reviewed using Quizlet Live...while listening to an eclipse playlist!
Learning in Action!
Falcon Branch of First Metro is open!
The First Metro Florence Falcon Branch is excited to open for its 5th school year! The following
juniors and seniors are ready to serve you:
Lori Bowers Shantel Fagan Thania Alvarez Allison Carter
Madison Fuller Annie Gholston . Orlanda Johnson LaBronida Martin
The Falcon Branch offers many services to students, faculty and staff at both Florence
Freshman Center and Florence High School. A savings account may be opened by anyone 15 years or older. Checking accounts for customers under the age of 18 may also be opened with a co-signer. ATM and check cards may be obtained to allow access to funds 24/7. Customers may also visit other First Metro Branches to receive financial assistance.
Stop by the Falcon Branch Monday-Friday from 11:45 am to 12:40 pm for more information. We look forward to serving you!