May 1, 2015
PTA Teacher Money
Congrats to Sage Youngstedt & Denise Uthe, our Lunch & Learn Starbuck's Card winners! Look for your cards next week! Thanks to all who shared ideas.
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
2015-16 Staffing Update
Professional Learning Calendar
Assessment & Class List Update
- Click here for the F & P Schedule. Please scroll all the way through to read important end of the year F & P information.
- Subs will be ordered by the office!
- Click here for the benchmarking DRAFT schedule.
- The grade level class list meetings will be held Friday, May 29. You will have staff meeting time (5/13) in advance of that to have conversations within your grade level. The schedule and expectations will be shared next week.
Celebration of Learning Assembly
Please let me know one person per grade level who would like the editing rights for that slide deck. I will share as I receive names.
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of May 4-8
*Teacher Appreciation Week
*PARCC make-ups as needed
Monday, May 4
Tuesday, May 5
- Kathy @ Principal Meeting in a.m.
Wednesday, May 6
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Mile run at Wheaton College (9:40-10:20/ 5th grade; 10:20-11:00/ 4th grade; 11:00-11:40/ 3rd grade; 1:20-2:00/ 2nd grade; 2:00-2:30/ 1st grade)
- EL Tutoring Club (Last Day: May 13)
Thursday, May 7
- IEPs & Problem Solving as scheduled
- (Girl Scouts; 6-7 in Art Room)
Friday, May 8
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
Upcoming Lowell Events
Please email Kathy if something is missing from this list. Thank you!
School & Grade Level Events/Trips
- EL Library Card Trip; Monday, May 11; Grades 1-2 (9:30-11 a.m.); Grades 3-5 (1-2:30 p.m.)
- Franklin Music Tour: Tuesday, May 12 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, May 12; 6:30 p.m. call time/7 p.m. concert @ Franklin
- 2015-16 Kindergarten Visit; Wednesday, May 13th; 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- 2nd Grade to Fullersburg Woods: Friday, May 15; 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 5th Grade Wax Museum; Friday, May 15; 10:30-11:15 a.m. in MPR
- 4th Grade to Lincoln Marsh: Monday, May 18; 9:15-2p.m.
- Benchmarking; schedule TBD; Monday, May 18 & Tuesday, May 19
- Grade 1-5 EL trip to Brookfield Zoo; Wednesday, May 20
- ThinkFirst Assembly for Grades 1 & 5; Wednesday, May 20; Grade 1/9:30-10:15 a.m.; Grade 5/10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Robert Crown Health Center visits 5th grade: Friday, May 22; 1:30-3p.m.
- 2S plays: Friday, May 22 @ 2:30 p.m.
- 3rd Grade w/Bill the Poet; Tuesday, May 26; 9:30-11:20 a.m. & 1:20-2:35 p.m. in MPR
- Mrs. Rood's Kindergarten Concert; Thursday, May 28; 10:45 a.m. in Room 119
- District Service Awards; Thursday, May 28; 4-6 p.m. @ Naperville Marriott
- Half-Day Kindergarten Parent Program; Wednesday, June 3; 10:45-11:30 a.m. & 2:30-3:15 p.m.
- PACE Open House; Thursday, June 4; 6:30-7:30 p.m. in LLC
- 5th grade picnic; Tuesday, June 2; time TBD
- First Grade Picnic; Monday, June 8
- Last Day of Specials; Monday, June 8
- School-wide Celebration of Learning Assembly; Monday, June 8; 9:30 in Gym/MPR
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday