Rocky River Elementary School
Family Newsletter Week of September 14, 2020
- 1st quarter progress reports will be sent electronically to families on Tuesday via Class Dojo or email.
- When your child is completing assignments and assessments it is very important that they complete these on their own. Our teachers need to know what they can do so that they are better able to support them instructionaly.
- Please make sure that students are logging into live instruction with their teacher and completing all assignments daily. Students should also be participating in our encore teacher's activities found on their canvas pages. Attendance is being taken and we want to make sure that all of our students are present and are participating.
Back to School Forms
Cabarrus County Schools has moved all of district forms for families online for the 2020-21 school year.
Parents must create or use an existing account within Scribbles software to complete these annual forms and updates. All beginning-of-year forms are now available.
Parents who have existing Scribbles accounts should use their email address to log in. Directions for how to create an account and complete these forms are available on the Cabarrus County Schools Student Services department website.
Library Book Checkout
CCS will be providing buses equipped with Wi-Fi hotspots throughout our community to offer internet access to students without access at home. CCS buses supplied with a Wi-Fi hotspot will be deployed 6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. weekdays at each location.
Locations were selected based on internet accessibility and students’ needs. We have collaborated with community partners to provide access at 13 locations and plan to expand those offerings in the coming weeks.
The Wi-Fi coverage for each hotspot is approximately 300’ circumference around the bus. CCS bus drivers will be on site to monitor. Students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while at a Wi-Fi location site. Students also will be able to access Wi-Fi coverage in many of our school parking lots.
Information from our PTO
- PTO is looking for new board members as well as room parents for the 2020-2021 school year. If you are interested in volunteering, please send an email to ContactRRESPTO@gmail.com or sign up on the PTO website here.
Our fall fundraiser is underway and runs through this week. Register here to start selling... it's not too late!
Save the Date
- 9/15 - 1st quarter progress reports sent electronically to families
- 9/16 - Library book checkout 1:30-3:30
- 9/17 - Library book checkout 1:30-3:30
- 9/23 - Library book checkout 1:30-3:30
- 9/24 - Library book checkout 1:30-3:30; Curriculum Night 6:00-7:30 via MS Teams
- 9/28 - No school - Teacher Workday
- 9/30 - Library book checkout 1:30-3:30