Mrs. Cormack's Class Newsletter
Trying out Google's Smore for a change of format!
What's the Word?
- Chillin' in Candyland is Saturday, December 8th from 11 am- 2 pm (volunteers are still needed) I hope to see you there!
- Homework is due on Monday, Dec. 10th.
- I have posted homework for next week due Dec. 17th.
- I will be out on Thursday, December 13th.
- Class Winter Party is on Thursday, Dec. 20th in the morning. Our room mom, Adele Deelman, is putting out information so be checking your email for more info...
What We Are Learning This Coming Week.....
Science: The spotlight in science will be movement. Students will trace the changes in the position of an object, such as: a cup rolling on the floor and a car rolling down a ramp. Students will also compare patterns of movement of objects such as sliding, rolling, and spinning. This week will be a fun-filled week with opportunities for hands on experiences to make movement come to life!
Reading: The big idea in reading will be sequencing. Students will retell or act out important events in stories using logical order while making connections to their own experiences. We will be using familiar texts such as Jack and the Beanstalk and The Little Red Hen when sequencing. Students will also be completing a Daily 5 Menu independently after Read to Self time. Those students who are in book clubs will be working on their chapter books and questions. Friday will be reserved for Poetry.
Writing: The focus in writing this week will be FREE CHOICE! Students will be given the opportunity to write in any format that they have learned up to this point including personal narrative, all about books, how to books, and friendly letters.
Language Arts: This week, we finished up Kinds of Sentences and Subjects and Predicates. Next week, we will be learning about Common and Proper nouns.