Background on the Explorer
- He explored from 1271 C.E.- 1295 C.E.
- He traveled to China with his father and uncle.
- The financial cost of his journey was provided
Motivation for Exploration
- He was an Italian merchant and he made money off of what he was doing.
- Marco's dad, Nicolo, seemed to always be away traveling on business.
- When he returned home he brought back his stories and shared them with his family and people of the city, and the great discoveries & people he seen along the way gave the people of Venice the mindset to go and have the experience as Polo did.
- Asia population grew tremendously.