Wednesday, February 6, 2019
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 12, and Thursday, Feb. 14, from 5:00-7:30 pm. You can schedule a conference online by using this link: https://ptcfast.com/schools/Legacy_Christian_School . This link is also available on the school website.
FIESTA FUN NIGHT
Thank you for a wonderful Fiesta Fun Night. We enjoyed seeing everyone after our snow week and had about 75-80 families come!
A special thank you to all the volunteers that helped with baking, games, food, set-up and clean-up. Please know we can’t do these events without you.
We raised $1,500.00 for the Spanish Immersion Program to purchase books for the library and their book lab. Gracias!
LET'S GO SKIING
The Caberfae Ski outing sponsored by Legacy Christian School is NEXT WEEK! The date is Friday, Feb. 15. The cost to ski, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, is $28 per person. That includes all equipment, lift ticket and food for the day. All are welcome whether Legacy families or friends. A ski packet can be picked up from either office at Legacy Christian or online at www.legacycs.org. All registration forms need to be turned in by this Friday, Feb. 8! Get your reservations in TODAY! Also, many volunteers are needed throughout the day to help with food prep and serving. Are you willing to take an hour break from the slopes to help out? Use this link to sign-up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D44A8AA2BA13-caberfae3 See you at Caberfae!
Interested in donating to the Auction this year? The committee has put together a list of items we would love to offer this coming April.
LCS Auction Wish List 2019: iPod Touch, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Beats wireless headphones, bikes, Kitchen Aid Mixer, etc.
Don’t see something on this list, you’d want to bid on? We’d love to hear your ideas and all donations are greatly appreciated! Donation forms are now available in both offices. Donations from Legacy families are so appreciated, and we would love to have your support!
LEGACY FAMILY PRAISE
ELEMENTARY NEWS AND NOTES
- Weekly Worship - Feb. 8 - Mrs. Mulder
Next Worship: - Feb.15 - No School - Winter Break
- Join us again this Friday, Feb. 8, from 8:45-9:45 am, for Stay and Play in the Community Room. Feel free to join us first for our weekly worship in the gym at 8:15 am! Parents, caregivers and young children are welcome!
- Parents of Preschool and Kindergarten age students - Have you registered your student for classes this coming fall? If not, please do this as soon as possible as some classes are filling! Please inform neighbors, friends and family members who may not be aware that registration is taking place now! Thank you!!
- There are a lot of dates that could use volunteer parents for lunchtime classroom coverage. We like to provide lunch time classroom coverage on Thursdays for teachers so they can enjoy lunch with their colleagues! Sign up here to volunteer!! Thanks for your help! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054ea4a82cab9-thursday4
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
- IPOD Worship - Feb. 6 - Mrs. Lautenbach NEXT: Feb. 13 - Mrs. Lyzenga
- WC Worship - Feb. 6 - WC Small Groups NEXT: Feb. 13 - Mr. DeYoung
8th Grade Parents: Your child's 8th grade picture and baby picture are needed for the yearbook. All pictures can be submitted electronically (preferred) or as a hard copy. All hard copy pictures WILL be returned to you. If you wish to use the picture that was taken by Karen Huttenga, please send Kim Z. an email so she can confirm she has the right photo. When submitting your photo, please keep in mind that 4x6 or 5x7 is the ideal size, vertical orientation is best and head shots are preferred. Questions? Contact Kim Z - email@example.com.
- SKI CLUB - 6th, 7th, 8th graders: Since we had to cancel the trip to Bittersweet on Jan. 30, we have added Friday, Feb. 8, to the schedule. More dates to be determined. If you are interested in going with us, be sure to sign up on Sign-up-Genius no later than the Monday before we go so we can be sure we have enough drivers. Here is the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49AEAA2CAA8-lcsski or you can email Faythe Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still need a ski club discount card, please bring your forms and money to school ASAP. Let me know if you have any questions!
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE
FEB. 7 - ZEELAND - AWAY
FEB. 11 - BYRON CENTER - HOME
FEB. 12 - WEST SIDE CHR. - HOME
FEB. 14 - DUTTON - HOME
FEB. 19 - JENISON - AWAY
7TH GRADE GIRLS BBALL
FEB. 6 - HUDSONVILLE - HOME (rescheduled from Jan. 31)
FEB. 7 - ZEELAND - HOME
FEB. 12 - HOPE - HOME (5:15)
FEB. 14 - DUTTON - AWAY
FEB. 19 - BYRON CENTER - HOME (rescheduled from Jan. 29)
TRIP COORDINATOR NEEDED
We are grateful to Melody Newhouse for her fine work as our school's TRIP coordinator. Melody has informed us of her desire to leave this position and concentrate on other work opportunities. As a result, we are currently accepting applications for this paid position.
A partial list of the TRIP coordinator's duties include: scheduling volunteer help, ordering and organizing the inventory of gift cards, maintaining computer records and distributing earned tuition funds. These responsibilities require approximately 10 hours per week during the school year with reduced hours during the summer. Training (directly from Melody) is available for the successful candidate.
Interested parties are encouraged to connect with Mr. Bonnema for further information and/or complete and submit our school's general application form. This form can be found under the "contact us" tab on the school's website.
Cash and Carry is open on Thursdays from 7:45-10:00 am, at the west campus. Reminder - If school is closed Cash and Carry will also be closed.
If you want information on how TRIP works or how to sign up for TRIP, please contact Melody Newhouse (243-6472) or email email@example.com. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under “Current Parents” heading, then click on “TRIP”.
The TerraCycle team is looking to add a couple people to our team. Our next shipping date is on Wednesday, Feb. 13, from 1:00-3:00 pm. If you have any questions or would like to check out the process, come join us at the TerraCycle Center in the elementary. We usually meet only twice a month during the school year and a couple times over the summer months. We would love to see you. Many hands make light work and there are always lots of laughs.
MOMS IN PRAYER
Moms in Prayer meets THIS Friday, at 8:45 am, in the conference room, right after worship as we will be praying for our student body and the following staff members: Larry Bergakker, Sandra Vroon and Dan VanderMolen (board Pres.)
If at any time you have a prayer request, we'd love to join you in prayer for these things. Please email them to Gina or drop a note in the Moms in Prayer box in either office. Hope to see you there! Questions? Prayer requests? Feel free to email Gina Huizingh: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAMILIES BEING PRAYED FOR THIS WEEK BY LEGACY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Prayer is a powerful gift! LCS has always been able to pray for requests as they arise. Our school has also decided to lift up families weekly in prayer. For the remainder of the school year please read which families are being covered in prayer. During that week each student will receive a prayer tag for them to keep and remember they are being covered in extra prayers.
- Bradley & Gina Huizingh - Levi - 7th, Emma - 2nd
- Matt & Rebecca Hulst - Ellie - 2nd, Kaylee - Prek
- Anthony & Elizabeth Jackson - Nora - K, Hudson - Prek
- Karl & Alecia Johnson - Josiah - Prek
- Danny & Megan Jozwiak - Colin - DK
- Kevin & Nicole Kegel - Carson - 1st, Kenley - DK
- Mike & Dianna Kisner - Gabriel - 8th, Kali - 5th, Trey - 2nd
- Joel & Stacy Klaassen - Jack - 7th, Josie - K
SCHS Sports Boosters Auction! The March Mania will include fun games against student athletes, a silent auction and an exciting live auction. Dinner and fun start at 5:00 pm. Childcare will be provided. Join us to raise support for South Christian High School athletics! Watch for updates on great auction items!
Byron Center Christian will be holding their 11th annual 3 on 3 tournament on Saturday, March 23, at the new South Christian High School campus. The event is for girls and boys grades 3rd-8th. Click here for the registration form or contact tournament director Carla Fles at email@example.com. Deadline to register is March 7.
CompRenew and the Princeton CRC deacons are hosting a collection of any electronic equipment which you no longer use on Feb. 16, from 9:00-11:00 am. This service project keeps items like computers, tablets, phones, and small appliances from landfills. Any item with a cord is accepted. No TV's please.