Brookwood Elementary School - December 17, 2021
Brookwood Elementary has the holiday spirit
A Visit from the Brookwood Elf
Polar Express Day
Congratulations BES Robotics Team!
Congratulations to Brookwood Elementary’s Robotics Team on an outstanding performance at their First Lego League Competition Regional Competition at Discovery High School on December 11! The team won two awards: Robot Design Award and the Champion’s Award.
The Champion’s Award celebrates a team that embodies the FIRST ® LEGO® League Challenge experience, by fully embracing FLL’s Core Values while achieving excellence and innovation in Robot Performance, Robot Design and the Innovation Project. We are so proud of the hard work of the students and coaches of the Brookwood Elementary Robotics Team! They will now go on to compete in the Super Regionals in January.
Join the BES Custodial Team!
TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE U.S. DURING Winter BREAK?
For unvaccinated travelers...
The CDC recommends that unvaccinated travelers get tested for COVID-19 from 3 to 5 days after returning AND self-quarantine at home for a full 7 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers who test positive must isolate to protect others from getting infected, following isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Even travelers who test negative should self-quarantine at home for the full 7 days. All unvaccinated students and staff who travel outside the U.S. should self-quarantine at home, and will not be able to return to school or work for at least 7 days after their return to the U.S.
- Travelers who choose not to be tested should self-quarantine at home for a full 10 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers should avoid being around people who are at increased risk for 14 days, whether tested or not.
For fully vaccinated travelers...
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not have to quarantine. However, the CDC recommends getting a viral test 3 to 5 days after travel.
- If the test is positive, they should follow isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Vaccinated travelers also should self-monitor for symptoms. If they develop symptoms within 14 days of international travel, they should isolate and get tested.
Join the BES Team for Run the Reagan
Race proceeds will also go to benefit the The Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry, The Lilburn Cooperative Ministry, and The Brookwood Schools Foundation.
A Message from the Clinic - Donations Needed!
All sizes of boys' and girls' athletic-type pants or shorts are needed. Donations can be sent in with students or dropped off at the Brookwood Elementary front office.
Bidding for Good
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends Jan. 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends Jan. 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends Feb. 4, 2022
A MESSAGE FROM The BES HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM
Did you know that Brookwood ES has a Health Response Team (HRT) which manages and communicates COVID related information with staff, students and parents? The HRT gathers information, conducts contact investigations and communicates as needed. In the next few months, it is important that you continue to alert the school if your child develops symptoms or tests positive for the virus.
Common symptoms include:
Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, sore throat, fatigue
Brookwood ES HRT Members:
Brookwood ES: 770-736-4360
Brooke Ahlers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Fagan: email@example.com
Tiffany Pruitt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Taylor: email@example.com