Matt Mcgettigan 5-d
What I will do for earth day!
For Earth Day I will reuse my water bottles. Another thing that I will do is that I will walk around my neighborhood recycling all papers and plastic items. Finally I will pick up trash that I find wherever I go.
History about Earth Day
Earth Day was first celebrated 1970. So that's 45 YEARS! The first year it was celebrated there was more than 20 million Americans who participated. In the past several years countries from all around the world have being participating on Earth Day!
- The average american produces about 4 pounds of trash each day.
- In 2012, the U.S. produced 32 million tons of plastic. Only 9% was recovered for recycling.
- An average american uses about 100 gallons of water each day.
- It takes about 450 years for a plastic water bottle to break down in a landfill
Famous people Participating For Earth day
- Jewel is a singer/ songwriter and she has volunteered to perform at a benefit concert for the Clean water Project to raise funds to provide education to people in developing countries about their right to have access to clean water.
- Ed Begley Jr is a actor and he choose to ride his bike when weather and fitness permit and takes public transportation if available to cut down on traffic and pollution and lessen our dependence on foreign oil.