- Central Asia consists of five independent: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- 4,000 mile journey between China and the Mediterranean Sea is called the Silk Road, which was a trading route.
- People carried things on the silk road for trading such as gold, silver, ivory, wine, grapes, etc.
- Oil to bring wealth to Central Asia.
- Regional leaders see promise in the oil and gas reserves in the Caspian Sea.
- All the discoveries have triggered what many people are calling the new "Great Game".
- The "Great Game" exploded in the 19th century, when Great Britain and the Russian Empire began to struggle for the control of the region.