JRMS PTA * January 4, 2022 * Vol. 2, Issue 1
Happy New Year and welcome back to school! Health and safety protocols have shifted our January PTA meeting to zoom with an evening time slot to accommodate working parents. Our scheduled STEM demonstration with Mr. Kelley will be rescheduled to a future date with details to be announced.
Our monthly meeting features a business status and Principals Update where Meghan Ward will be available to receive your thoughts and feedback on the current school day schedule and consider suggestions for improvements; and to discuss other topics or inquiries around school life you may have. The new year also brings focus to our 2022/23 PTA Executive Board nominations and preparations for the coming school year. Interested volunteers are encouraged to reach out for more information. We look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday evening at 7:30pm. Feel free to submit topics or questions that you would like covered during the discussion in advance to JRMSptainfo@gmail.com.
Mark Your Calendars !
PTA meeting 7:30 PM via Zoom
PTA Meeting Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 516 314 6718
February 3, 2022
PTA Meeting - details to follow
PTA funded staff grants to date have provided :
- Several Classroom Peace Corners – safe and comfortable sensory spaces where students can practice emotional self-regulation
- Halloween parade resources to support creativity, self-esteem and community bonding
- “Why You Matter” school- wide art initiative supplies that promotes self-esteem for every student at JRMS
Winter Artisan Fair
Despite the rain, we had a terrific turnout on December 11th for the Winter Artisan Fair where shoppers enjoyed the opportunity to purchase gorgeous handmade crafts, gifts, accessories and food from over 30 local artisans and vendors. Thank you to all who helped with the set-up, break down, and raffle ticket sales during the event.
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped make this event a success: Marion and Sam Unangst, Laurie Jandura, Karlin and Mason Perry, Megan and Claire Brant, Melissa Lukas, Bonnie Spies, Adrian and Nicholas Kloc
Volunteers power every aspect of our PTA. Every hour of help impacts our programs. We are currently recruiting 2022-23 Executive Board nominees for open positions. If you have interest or know a good candidate, please let us know at JRMSptainfo@gmail.com.
2021/22 Socials Chairperson - (Socials are currently on hold and will resume at a date tbd.)
- Grade 7 Socials Chair - work with other socials teams to coordinate the 7th grade activities and refreshments for our remaining 2 socials for the school year.
2022/23 Executive Board positions and committees in need of nominees:
- VP Programs: Open
- Membership Chairperson Open
Paws Up in Appreciation
Mr. Bairaktaris for choosing the JRMS PTA as the recipient of his birthday fundraising drive which raised over $500 to be used to benefit our students and programs.
Mrs. Spies and her students for their personal time spent at our Winter Artisan Fair. Their advocacy for Project COOL and donation collection in exchange for beautiful student-made arts and crafts raised awareness and more than $800 toward our outdoor classroom and pavilion over the last two fairs.
Portofino's in Bethel for their catering support for our Staff Appreciation last month.
"In case they forgot to mention..."
January 10, 2022
JBHS Program of Studies Night (For 8th graders and families)
The annual Joel Barlow High School Orientation Evening for our Program of Studies will be held Monday, January 10, 2022, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. virtually via ZOOM https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86217138569?pwd=b2hrK25WOUl1OUR2WndKdmhQTDkrZz09
Yearbook Sales have begun !
Price will increase as the year goes on.
Click here to order your Yearbook & Recognition Ad : www.JOSTENS.com
8th Grade Families Only:
- JRMS is collecting baby photos of all 8th graders for the yearbook. Please use the link provided to submit a baby photo of your 8th grader. 8th Grade ONLY Baby Photo Submission Form
- Yearbook ads (only for 8th Grade Families) are a great way to celebrate student success and milestones and reflect on the person your child has become. Ads can be purchased using the same link provided above
- The DEADLINE to order an ad is January 28, 2022
JRMS PTA 2021-2022 Executive Board
Co-President – Jackie Dyar
Co-President – Darrell Bradford
VP Fundraising & Membership – Maritza Jones
Treasurer – Gosia Tedawes
Secretary – Janet Parry