Being Bold With Direct Instruction
Mentor/Mentee Reflection Time
- Grab a snack
- Sit with your mentor or another teacher
- Discuss the topics below
- Gain an understanding on how direct instruction can be effective in the classroom.
- Brainstorms the pros and cons of direct instruction.
- Reflect on how direct instruction looks in my classroom.
- Have an action plan on how to make direct instruction multi-faceted in my classroom.
Thoughts on Direct Instruction
Making Direct Instruction Engaging
On a post it note, list one strategy that you will put into action that will make your direct instruction engaging.