MTMS Wolf Wire
For the Week of Nov. 2
This year MTMS will be hanging stars to recognize veterans on our Wall of Honor. Forms can be printed from the school website or from the attachment in this email. Families can complete a star for family members or close friends. Students can decorate each star before returning the star to the library or have a picture of the veteran on the star.
Stars are due to the library by November 6.
Please contact Melissa Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you for your support of our Veterans Day celebrations!
From Student Council
StuCo is sponsoring a fall-themed dessert challenge and a photography contest in November. Learn how to enter these and other schoolwide competitions on our Canvas page: https://usd232.instructure.com/enroll/H6B86M. Please note: StuCo's Canvas group is open to all MT students and their parents.
Boys Basketball Informational Meeting
We will have a boys basketball informational zoom meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 3rd from 3-3:30pm and Wednesday, Nov. 4th from 3-3:30pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 327 870 3074
If you (or your son) is planning on trying out for basketball this winter it is strongly encouraged that you attend the zoom meeting. We will discuss tryouts, Covid protocols, eligibility paperwork, physicals and scheduling.
Required Paperwork for All Student Athletes
Forms that must be turned into the office
- KSHSAA Physical – dated after May 1, 2020 by a MD, DO, DC, PA-C, or APRN
- KSHSAA Parent Consent form must be signed and dated by both the parent
- KSHSAA Eligibility Form signed by both the student and parent
Online Athletic Registration
- Parent Online Athletic Registration through Parent’s Skyward Family Access
- Parent to complete Emergency Medical Information (EMA) through Skyward Family Access
- Student Online Athletic Registration through the student's Skyward Access
Fees to be paid to tryout
- $7.00 Catastrophic Fee – all student athletes
Fees to be paid once your child makes the team
- Activity Participation Fee
- 7th grade - $30.00
- 8th grade - $35.00
Spelling bee season is here! MTMS students compete in classroom and grade-level bees, school and league bees, and the Johnson County Bee as part of the Scripps National Spelling Bee program. All students, remote or in-person, are welcome to participate. The first rounds will take place in ELA classes this November. You can find lists to guide your study on the school's spelling bee Web site: https://www.usd232.org/Page/4891.
Technology Issues - Contact K12
Hours: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 7:00pm