Symmes Elementary School
Friday, October 25, 2019
Important Dates to Remember
- October 30- Evening Parent-Teacher Conferences
- October 31- Fall Parade, 2:30 pm
- November 5- Picture Retake Day
- November 11-15- Joseph Beth Book Fair, Symmes Media Center
- November 13- Muffins with Mom for last names beginning with A-L, 8:30 am- 9:15 am
- November 15- Muffins with Mom for last names beginning with M-Z, 8:30 am- 9:15 am
- November 27, 28, & 29- NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
DROP OFF REMINDERS!
- DRIVE SAFELY and pay attention to our staff and other vehicles.
- Remember that adults should stay in their vehicle.
- Pull your vehicle forward as much as space allows.
- Understand that the drop off line closes at 9:13 am and after that you must park and walk your child into school. Students are considered tardy after 9:15 am.
Have you been waiting for access to the online student directory? The DirectorySpot App for 2019-2020 has been updated! You should have received an email with directions for accessing your account. Remember that the email with instructions may be in your "junk mail" or "spam" folders. If you have questions about DirectorySpot, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nature Trail Cleanup Day!
Spend time with your family and help keep our Nature Trail clean and beautiful. We’ll be removing brush and debris, planting new trees and having fun! Enjoy lunch and snacks around the camp fire. This is a family event – parents/guardians please accompany your children. Come for an hour or stay the whole time. All volunteers are welcome!
Saturday, Nov 2nd, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on the Symmes Nature Trail. Please contact Steve Reinke at reinkes@sycamoreschools if interested in volunteering.
City Saver Coupon Books
The Symmes Elementary PTO is getting ready to kick off the City Saver Fundraiser next week. Last year was our first year selling the City Saver Books and it was a huge success! Your child will be coming home with a City Saver Book on Tuesday, October 29th. Your family can purchase that book or if your family is not interested in keeping it simply return it to school. If your child wants to sell additional City Saver Books to friends, family or neighbors he/she can use your family’s book as a reference. If someone would like to order a book, your child will collect the money and receive the books in their backpacks to be distributed.
There is also a code in the book that connects to an app and enables you to receive double the savings. These discounts on the app are updated throughout the year. The savings include thousands of dollars in discounts from more than 160 area restaurants, attractions and shops. Any child that sells just one book will receive a lanyard and an Aqua Coop. Last year the children received collectible Space Coops. There are opportunities to earn special Aqua Coops, short stack coupons from IHOP, Adrenaline Play Passes, a free book and more. Our goal is for each child to sell just five books. The PTO will be collecting orders until Friday, November 8th.
Thank you for your continued support of Symmes PTO.
Watch the Board of Education Candidate Forum
This year, we have 3 candidates running for 2 Sycamore Board of Education positions. Our district PTOs presented a Board of Education candidate forum on Tuesday, October 15. In case you missed it- here is a link to the video of the entire forum.
Sycamore GEAR Coffee and Conversation
For more information about GEAR, please see our website: Sycamore GEAR