January 26, 2024
Dates to Remember
- January 30: Homeschool Connect
- January 31: OVA Academic & SEL In-Person Support
- February 5-9: Mid-Winter Break
In-Person OVA Support
Our next in-person academic support will be held on Wednesday, January 31 from 10:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room 205 at Otsego High School.
Our next in-person SEL lesson with Mrs. Starr will also be held on Wednesday, January 31 from 10:15 to 11:00 a.m. for grades 3 through 6 and 11:15 to 12:00 p.m. for grades 7-12 in Room 205 at Otsego High School.
On Demand Tutoring for Core Courses
Completing your grade 3–12 schoolwork online shouldn’t mean you can’t get help when you need it. That’s why Imagine Learning’s Concept Coaches are available to help you whether or not school is in session. These expert tutors are available on-demand seven days a week through online chat tools and interactive whiteboards. When interacting with a Concept Coach, you get real-time, one-on-one tutoring in grade 3–12 core subject areas, so you’ll receive the guidance and support you need to understand what you’re learning so you can move forward without struggling.
Reach out to concept coaches to get:
- Individualized help in grade 3–12 English language arts, math, science, social studies, and grades 6–12 French and Spanish courses regardless of whether or not school is in session
- Real-time, on-demand support and demonstration of concepts
*You can also book meetings with any of your online Edgenuity teachers by reaching out to them...are you taking control of your learning and using all of the supports available?
Reminders from Mrs. Raseman:
Remember to stay on track all semester so that you don't fall behind. Take advantage of the in person support if that will help you, too!
Attending your weekly meetings, asking questions when you have them, and staying on top of your pacing are three key ways to be successful this semester! You can do this!
Edgenuity Helpful Links
Capturing Kids’ Hearts
February's Capturing Kids' Hearts character trait is Kindness. We use monthly themes to help teach social emotional skills to our students, as we know these are the most important tools in being successful in their personal and educational lives. Our student's wellbeing is of most importance to us at OVA!
What is Kindness?
Kindness is the ability and willingness to express care and compassion for others. Kindness is a choice to use our time, talent, and resources to better the lives of others and the world through genuine acts of love, compassion, generosity, and service.
Why focus on Kindness?
- Kindness boosts positive emotions. Acts of kindness create neural pathways that enhance feelings of well-being and the natural flow of feel-good endorphins and neurotransmitters.
- Kindness is self-replicating. When we perform an act of kindness, it is likely to encourage others to act in a similar way.
- Kindness reduces stress and anxiety. Kindness promotes positive relationships with other people. Anything that helps you to build bonds with other people helps decrease anxiety.