Mrs Richmond's Newsletter
3rd Grade Week 3.02.15
If you have anything...
Greatly appreciated, as always!
What's been happening...
Reading: This week we have been working on the main idea of a text and individual paragraphs. We used non-fiction texts to do this. The children worked well and were able to use headings and pictures to help them identify the main idea. Next week we will be finishing off the non-fiction unit. Remember that the practice Reading MOG will take place this Thursday at 8am. Please try and have your child in school, as this is an important time and allows us to see where your child has gaps in their learning.
Writing: This week we have been organizing our information for our Planets non-fiction texts. We will be developing our paragraphs in preparation for the story board building the following week. Thank you for all the England projects. I was really interested to read about the research. I plan on displaying the children's work in the classroom so other children can enjoy their work.
Math: This week we completed our end of unit test and wrapped up multiplication and division, along with some word problems. Next week we move onto an important unit about area and perimeter. These were heavily included on the practice test, so your child will be doing a lot of practical tasks to learn about this skill.
Social Studies: Next week we will be looking at how Raleigh has developed economically and will be learning about budgeting money.
Information for you
- CAMP THUNDERBIRD - Please note the change of date for this. It will now be on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th. Your child should have brought home a new consent form, which needs signing and returning at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
- READING TEST - We have moved the MOG to Thursday 12th March. All children will take the test to inform us of their progress.
- GRADING PERIOD - The grading period ends on Monday 9th March.
- PARENT SURVEYS - These will be given out this Tuesday and collected back in by Thursday.
- PLUG IN FOR A CURE - Your child can bring in their electricals on Friday with a $2 donation. They will have a 30 minute allotted time to use them during the day.
- REPORT CARDS - Distributed on March 18th