Carolina Northern Flying Squirrel
An Endangered Species!
The Glaucomys sabrinus
How are we protecting the Carolina Northern Flying Squirrel?
1. Survey for new populations and monitor known populations.
2. Study habitat requirements.
3. Study diet, interactions with other squirrels and genetics.
4. Study effects of venous land use practices (mining, logging, recreation).
5. Ensure implementation of appropriate habitat management guidelines, based on results of 1 -3. (This would include periodic monitoring, even following de-listing.)