Glenview Library Letter
April 4, 2016
- 4th Nine Weeks Library Lesson Menu: Check out the new Library Lesson Menu for the 4th Nine Weeks (attached to this email)! I'd like to see every class at least once (but hopefully more!) each month. Sign up for any lessons listed on the menu, or let me know what else you'd like to collaborate on!
- Check Outs: Check outs are up and that is great! In some cases, though, it seems to be our frequent visitors who are increasing that number. We love our frequent visitors and want them to keep coming to the library as often as they need to. We also want to make sure we are seeing all students. Please check with you students, and be sure to encourage those who haven't been here in awhile to stop in and check out some books! Thank you.
- AR Reading Celebration: An update was emailed earlier today. Please encourage your students to take quizzes so they can earn an invitation to the celebration!
- Social Media: Please like or follow the Glenview Library on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest. See below for links.
April is School Library Month!
Students may pick up Challenge forms and Bookmarks in the Library.
School Library Challenge
Contest rules are:
- The School Library Month challenge runs April 4-April 22, 2016.
- Students are responsible for maintaining their challenge form. If the form is lost, students must start again.
- Each book or check-out may be used for one challenge. Each challenge must use a different book or check-out.
- Every completed challenge must have a signature. 12 signatures are required to enter the Adventure Science Center membership drawing.
- Completed forms must be turned into your school library by April 22, 2016.
- The prize drawing will take place on May 5. Winners will be notified via their school librarian.
Bookmark Decorating Contest
Contest rules are:
- On the front of the bookmark, students must include:
- Program Name: Limitless Libraries
- Program Website: www.limitlesslibraries.org
- On the back of the bookmark, students must include:
- Student’s Name & School
- Student may submit only 1 bookmark to their school librarian. Completed bookmarks must be submitted to their school librarian by Friday, April 22.
- School librarians will select a school wide winner and submit to Limitless Libraries by Wednesday, April 27.
- Limitless Libraries will contact the winner through their school librarian.
- The overall winner will be invited to NPL for a behind the scenes tour and lunch.
iPad Carts and Laptop Carts
End of Year Due Dates
Wednesday, May 4: All PreK and K books due
Thursday, May 5: All 1st grade books due
Friday, May 6: All 2nd grade books dueMonday, May 9: All 3rd grade books due
Tuesday, May 10: All 4th grade books due
Wednesday, May 11: All teacher books due
Library Website and Schedule
- Go to the library's website.
- Click on Calendar and Schedules.
- If you click on the small "+Google Calendar" icon on the bottom right of any calendar, it will take you to an easy to read full page version.