Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
February 22nd, 2021
Hello Eastside! The deadline to order yearbooks is March 31st! If you haven’t ordered your child’s yearbook and want to, you may choose from the following two links!
Spring Picture day is also coming up! It will be on Tuesday, February 23rd. If you would like to order pictures, use the following link and information for our school!
To order pictures: visit https://lifetouch.com/
SAVE THE DATES
- February 23 - Spring Pictures
- March 1 - 5 ACT Aspire Interim 3
- March 3 - Spread the Word Inclusion Day
- March 8 - 12 ACT Aspire Interim 3 makeups
- March 15th - End of 3rd Nine Weeks
- March 15th - 19th Book Fair Week and Dr. Seuss Week
- March 19th - Spirit Day for February and March, 3rd Nine Weeks Awards Assembly, Panther Store, and Dr. Seuss Activities
- March 22 - 26 Spring Break
- April 2nd - No School Good Friday
- April 12 week - GA tests for Summative ACT Aspire
- April 13 - Kinder registration 3:40 - 6:00
- April 16th - Test Bash
- April 19 - 23 - K-2 EOY MAP testing and Grade 3 ACT Aspire
- April 26 - 30 Grade 4 and 5 ACT Aspire
- May 3 - 7 3-5 MAP testing for EOY
- May 28 - Last day of school
- Teachers will be communicating details for the Valentine parties. If you have any questions please reach out to your child's teacher! Students in kindergarten through 4th grade can bring a box. 5th graders will create something in class. Only students will participate this year (no parents).
- It's very important that your child is on time to school each day! In the morning students are placed into groups based on areas for growth or enrichment. This is a valuable 40 minutes of instruction. Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- From Coach May Transportation Director: Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- You may send a water bottle to school with your child and they may refill it at our touchless water refilling station.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor pavilion. Lunch times: 4th grade 10:30-11:00, 1st grade 11:00-11:30, 3rd grade 1:30-12:00, Kindergarten 12:00-12:30, 2nd grade 12:30-1:00, 5th grade 1:00-1:30.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here
Panther Cuisine Meal Pick Up Program:
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or email@example.com.