February 17, 2014
Quote of the Week
- Margaret Mead
Let's Revisit those New Year's and Trimester 2 Goals!
- We our closing our first Language Arts cycle and beginning a 3-week math cycle. For Wednesday, please make sure to:
- Conduct assessments on students who did not master the standard on the formative assessment
- Score the assessment and sort data prior to the meeting
- Bring math planning materials to set a learning target and create an assessment for the next two weeks.
- Last Tuesday, SSC discuss the budget for next year and priorities for use of title I funds for 2014-15. Academic supports (such as a TSA, STIP Sub, or reading specialist) were identified as top priority.
- On Friday, SSC voted to use these funds to pay for subs to do interventions, extra compensation for teacher collaboration and professional development, and instructional supplies. Ms. Grisham will begin providing interventions next week and we are looking for a second experienced substitute teacher who could help. Please let Mr. Jacques know if you have someone in mind.
- This Friday, SSC will meet again to vote on use of Title I funds for next year. All staff members are welcome and encouraged to attend these important meetings.
Our February Goal: 10 million words!
- Let’s keep the focus on February as a 10 million word month and keep sharing our ideas to motivate students.
Scholars of the Week
If you have not done so, please enter your scholar of the week (who showed scholarliness last week) by 8 a.m. This week, look for a student who shows determination to celebrate next week.
Please provide Ms. Garcia the final number of students who meet their reading goals by March 4. If you have any questions, please speak to Ms. Garcia. Thank you and Go A's!!!
Core Value of the Week: Determination
- I show determination. I work hard to meet my goals.
- Demuestro determinacion. Trabajo arduamente para lograr mis metas.
- No School: Presidents' Day
- Mr. Jacques off site at Principal PD
- Cost Meeting: 8:30
- PD: Bring final assessment scores from cycle and math planning materials for next cycle
- Farmers Market
- OEA LCFF Forum @ Sequoia Elementary at 6:00 pm
- Dual Language Leadership meeting (3:00 p.m.)
- DIBELS and SWT Scores due in 1 week (2/27)
- School Site Council (3:00 pm): Title I Budget Vote for Next Year, begin development of school site plan