Growth vs. Fixed mindsets
Can changing your views on ability affect your learning?
Growth v.s Fixed mindsets
Students, here's what you can do.
1. Listen to yourself. If you hear yourself saying, "I can't do it," add "yet."
2. If you come across something difficult, don't give up! You can get it eventually.
3. Remember, learning is a process. If you fail at something, don't dwell on it. Use the experience to learn from.
4. Help your friends! If one of your friends has a fixed mindset when they're stuck on something, remind them that they can figure out how to do it.
5. Finally, don't forget that success requires hard work, but also tends to have a lot of setbacks. If you keep going, then you will succeed and get better.
'The power of believing you can improve," Carol Dweck, TED talks, Nov. 2014.