Nixon Elementary Weekly Update
December 6, 2020
Reminders for In Person Learners
This is a reminder that we start back to in person (on site) learning on Monday December 7. Below are some reminders as you plan for our return to school:
- Bring back your charged devices, power cord, earbuds, books, and materials in your backpack on Monday. Your children will need these items in order to do school effectively. We will NOT be sending backpacks or materials/computers home. You may leave all Hot Spots at home.
- Drop off begins at 8:30am. We do NOT have supervision for children before that time.
- Start time is 8:50am. Any children that come after this time will need to get a pass from the office and will be marked tardy.
- Dismissal of learners between 3:40-3:45. Bus and daycare vans leave first, followed by walkers, and car riders last. All children need to be picked up by 4:00pm.
- Masks will be worn by all children daily. Please take the time to wash their masks and send them to school daily. If children do not come with a mask, the office will call parents to require them to bring a mask to school.
- Health and Safety are a top priority at school. As such, please contact the health office if your child has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID and/or if they have any COVID symptoms (examples: fever, cough, lost of taste, trouble breathing, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, etc.). If you aren't sure, please call our health office for guidance.
- New quarantine recommendations have been adopted by our school district. Based on the modified definition, we anticipate there will be increased quarantine situations as it relates to classrooms and staffing. Please know we will do our best to keep our children in person, however it is very possible they will need to quarantine if a child or adult from their class tests positive for COVID. If you would like to read more, please check out the District Health and Safety website.
- To prevent unnecessary quarantining of learners and staff, we will be providing small group intervention, ELL, and special education groups via Google Meet. This is a change that we hope will keep more of our learners and staff on site by providing fewer opportunities for cross contact of learners and staff.
- Please Do Your Part! If you have children attending school in person, please do your part to limit the amount of social interaction outside of your home for your children. We know it is hard to say no to birthday parties, family gatherings, and special events, but by sending your children to school you are making the commitment to help keep all of our Bobcats healthy and safe.
We look forward to seeing your children in person starting on Monday. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Jeni Goebel, Principal