Birth to two
- Strong emotional connection that develops between people.
- Mainly become attached to people who care for them.
- Learn when they are wet or hungry, etc.
- Infants care for and respond to certain people.
- Shows sign of Anxiety.
- Separation anxiety is child protests for a caregiver.
- Child between 9 and 18 months.
Changes over Time
- Happens during the first 2 years after birth.
- Trust develops when there is predictability.
- They will feel safe and happy
- Do not have very refined emotions.
- Distress is shown by crying.
- Observing a child in this stage noticed no tears.
- Show excitement by looking alert or smiling.
- Respond to people with smiles and laughter.
- May make happy sounds as adults play with them.
- Notice other smiling infants.
- Crying still shows distress ,but tears become to show.
- Different cries to signal different types of distress.
- Become actively involved with their caregivers.
- Make sounds in response to speech of others.
- Develop fear and attachment become to show.
- May cry pr show anger when caregiver leaves.
- Separation anxiety becomes to show.
- Will continue until 14 to 16 months of age.
- Still show separation anxiety and becomes upset.
- More interested in exploring although shows fear.
- Like to play with other children, but do not interact much.
- More aware of their abilities like joy or proud.
- Need to be kinda firm with them at this point.
- Must tell them about rules and may reassure their wants.