Monday News and Notes
March 20, 2016
Week at a Glance!
GREAT NEWS! The stork will be arriving for Keira and Steve in late August. Congratulations! We are so happy for both of you and wish you a successful pregnancy.
A special thank you to Shannon and Mark for their time and effort in putting together the filming of our school-wide video. We have reserved the auditorium on Monday April 4th and will show the video to all students/staff at 2:00 P.M. This will serve as a send off celebration to boost confidence prior to the NYS assessments beginning on Tuesday. I am also pleased to share that the bus drivers will be joining us as well. They will park their busses in the circle a little earlier in order to get to the auditorium to see the video.
Observations: If you have not scheduled your observation please use Google Calendar and invite me to attend your observation as soon as possible.
Grade Level Leaders, please be sure you meet with your grade level to determine your writing prompt which will be used at the end of the year to begin our assessment of writing growth from year to year. Be sure your grade level has created a rubric for scoring. In addition, please identify any areas your grade level is using standard based grading and if it was determined based on the required book reading at the beginning of the year or if was something your grade level developed on their own. Items such as:
- How is homework now graded?
- Are students able to retake tests to show mastery or growth-if so what are the requirements?
- Are students told what the ending expectations are (I can) prior to lessons/ units and how they will show they can?
- Are students using grade level rubrics, if yes, what subjects?
- Have the grade level teachers reviewed grading practices and is the grade level grading ELA the same?
We will review the writing prompts, the rubrics, and the standard based practices in each grade level.
- Galway Scholars 2:30-4:30
- Makes Makey-Cafeteria
- Geo Art-Katrina's Room
- Physics-Science Lab
- Contraptions-Dorothy's room
- FBA Training-two sessions in LGI room
- I may be at a meeting at Gick Rd. from 8:00-11:00. I am awaiting confirmation.
- Tween Night Out-6:00-7:30 P.M. HS
- Board of Education Meeting 6:30 HS Library
Have a wonderful three day weekend, Happy Easter!